Chapter Six

Finn stumbles to bed. Poe falls asleep on the floor. Ben just collapses on the sofa. 

Rey is covering her smile at his feet hanging over the end of the sofa. 

She slips Poe's shoes off, lifts his head, shoves a pillow underneath and covers him. 

"Sup Rey…." he says in a quite flirty voice. 

"Go to sleep Poe…." she says, shaking her head. 

Then she steps over Poe to check on her boss. 

"Ben…" she shakes him, "Ben, wake up."

"Hi Rey," he slurs and she smiles at him.

"Ben, go get in my bed."

His eyes fly open. "Huh?? Your bed??"

"I'll sleep here, you're too tall. Your back will be killing you tomorrow."

"Nah Rey, s'okay. I can't make you sleep on the couch. S'notta nice thing to do. Imma gentleman…."

She is stifling her laughter. He's so damn adorable. 

"It's okay, really. You need the space."

"You're soooo goodta me, Rey...like everyday you are sooo sweet. And cute. You're so cute in your t-shirt tonight. That's whatta thought when I saw you. I thought 'Rey's gorgeous in that big 'ol t-shirt' then I thought well hell Ben….she's gorgeous in everything everyday."

By now Rey is part tears and part embarrassed because no man has ever been so sweet to her. But then again, he's drunk and probably won't remember this tomorrow. 

Then he's asleep again. She reaches under his neck, sinking her fingers into those jet black waves. She manages to get a pillow under his head. Her hand lingers there and she watches him, transfixed by his beauty. 

Then she slips his shoes off (gah, his feet are huge but she tries not to think about that) and covers him. Of course, the blanket doesn't fully cover him from shoulders to toes so she grabs another, shoving it under his feet. 

"Sweet Rey...too good for me…I don't deserve her. I'm not a good man…"

Rey freezes. What?

She gets on her knees next to his face. 

"You are a good man. Don't talk about yourself like that, Ben."

"No, I'm not. I've done bad stuff. Stole from people. Hurt people. Good people. With Snoke. Did horrible things with Snoke. She doesn't know. Don't tell her. She'll hate me."

She doesn't know what a Snoke is but she knows he's not fully awake. His eyes are closed. She shushes him. 

"Go back to sleep, Ben."

"I couldn't handle her hating me. It would kill me…."

She feels a tear go down her cheek. 

She loves him so much. 

"She could never hate you."

"Okay"

And with that, he's out. She can't stop herself. She places a kiss on his forehead and walks away. 

She doesn't sleep much that night, the man of her dreams asleep just in the next room. 

   ______________________________

She hears them before she sees them. 

"Ohhhh. Shit. What was in that whiskey??" Poe laments.