Chapter 2

Rey is wearing glasses.

How is that so sexy?

And why is he disappointed?

He's just a big ball of disappointment and horniness. 

Because now she won't have to bend over to see the reports. 

But she's wearing glasses. 

And she's adorable. And sexy. 

How is that possible?

"I look so silly. But I didn't realize I'm half blind. I'll get my contacts next week, though."

Well, hell. Now she won't be bending over AND she won't be wearing glasses. 

Dammit….

"You don't look silly. That's probably why you've had headaches, Rey."

She smiles and her dimples make his heart ache. 

"Yeah, that's true. About the headaches. I still look ridiculous."

She turns to go and that just won't do. 

He reaches out and grabs her wrist. 

It was a sudden move. Done without thinking. He just couldn't let her talk about herself like that. 

It's the first time he's ever touched her and he thinks he hears her gasp. So he lets go instantly. A glimpse of sadness is in her eyes then it's gone. Maybe he imagined it. 

"I'm sorry," he says. "I shouldn't have grabbed you."

"Why are you sorry?" she asks quietly.

"Um...it just wasn't... appropriate."

"Mr. Solo, I don't think you could ever make me uncomfortable. You are too kind for me to ever think you'd be able to."

Kind? No one has ever, ever called him kind. Not even close. 

She's still looking at him, her doe eyes blinking. She's just so fucking sweet. 

"What did you want to say to me?" she asks.

"Huh?" he replies, so lost in her eyes he's forgotten everything that happened before she called him kind

"Before….there must've been something you wanted to say…when you...you know...grasped my wrist."

"Oh," he says, coming back to earth, "I just wanted to say you don't look ridiculous. You look….nice. The glasses look nice on you."

A tiny bit of a blush flares on her cheeks and flows down her neck, disappearing into her neckline. 

Not that he'd noticed her neckline. 

Not that he wondered how much further down the blush went. 

Nope, not thinking about that at all. 

"Thank...thank you, Mr. Solo."

"You're very welcome, Rey."

Then the tension became awkward and he turned away, needing to retreat behind his desk. It was the only safe zone left in his office space. The only place he could go and find the ability to become her boss again and not some overgrown smitten teenage version of himself. 

Poe was right. He was, indeed, a mess. 

She continued to stand there, quietly. Then she seemed to center herself again.