you fight but can't sleep without each other (requested)

Feeling frustrated, you slammed the bedroom door and quickly turned the lock. You sat on the edge of the bed and hung your head. Your hair was already a mess from how many times you've run your fingers through it and tugged at it, but you couldn't care less.

You heard footsteps on the floor and lifted your head at the sudden sound. You could see the shadow of Billie's shoes and you held your breath, curious as to if she'd knock or say a word to you. But after a moment of silence, you heard her let out a sigh and walk away, followed by the door closing down the hall.

It was one stupid fight about you asking her to clean up her mess from the takeout you ordered. She said she was too tired and you said that you were tired of cleaning up after her. A few harsh words were exchanged, but nothing too bad, knowing that it'd only leave you both feeling more hurt than angry later on.

You were tired. You wanted to just crawl into bed and go to sleep.

And you tried to. You turned off the lights and listened to the crickets chirp outside the window. But you couldn't ignore the ache in your heart and the way it sank deep in your chest each time you shivered or felt frustrated from your already tired mind continuing to run and went to roll into her embrace, only to remember that she wasn't there.

You wanted to go talk to her and tell her how sorry you were. You wanted for her to tell you that it was all okay and for her to hold onto you tight. But you worried that she was still angry and you didn't wanna risk making things worse by crawling into bed.

Time continued to tick by and your mind continued to race. You felt that you had no other choice but to lay on her side. You buried your face in her pillow and breathed in the smell of her shampoo that lingered on the soft pillowcase. It was soothing, but nothing compared to what it could be if she was still there beside you.

You hugged it close to you and closed your eyes. You hoped that sleep would come around soon or that the sun would just come up already, so you could leave the bedroom and go to her and see if taking the night apart had helped you both to see things clearer.

But before you could even think about drifting off to sleep, you heard the knob turn and Billie huff from outside the door. You sat up suddenly and found yourself holding your breath again. Your heart was pounding in your ears, but you still somehow heard the soft tap on the door.

"Y/N?" Billie whispered softly.

You got out of bed and turned the lock on the door slowly.

"Billie?"

Your voice was soft and even a little shaky as you opened the door.

But you weren't prepared for the sight you were met with.

Billie's eyes were red and cheeks were puffy. She'd clearly been crying and when you realized that, there was no way for you to even attempt to hold back your own tears that you've been keeping in since you stormed up to bed hours ago.

She threw her arms around you and you both simultaneously let out sighs of relief when you held each other tight.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered. "I might be tired but that's no excuse for me not to do my equal part in keeping things clean. You work hard, too. It's not your responsibility to clean up my stuff."

You chuckled tearfully. "It's alright, baby. I'm sorry too. I said some things I shouldn't have. Really, I'm happy to help you if you just ask nicely." You teased, to which she giggled and kissed your head.

"Noted."

You pulled away and right when you did, before you even had the chance to say another word, her lips hit yours and she pulled you in for a loving kiss.

"I hate it when we fight." She mumbled against your lips. "I don't like the idea of going to sleep in separate rooms or not being able to kiss you before you fall asleep or hold you when you're cold or have a bad dream. I just wanna be with you."

You cupped her cheek and placed another soft kiss on her lips. "I'm right here."

You held onto her hand and led her back to bed.

As soon as she could, she put her arm around you and brought you to her chest.

You felt her lips behind your ear and then on your neck. Her warm breath hit your skin and you found it to be comforting and calming.

"I love you. I'm never letting you go."

You closed your eyes and let out a contented sigh.

"I'm perfectly fine with that."