she gets sick in the studio (requested)

"Are you sure you're okay, baby?" You asked Billie as you sat up against the pillows. "You don't look like you're feeling all that great."

You couldn't help but wonder if something was wrong with your girlfriend.

The sound of her alarm ended up waking you instead of her and when you woke her up, you shook her shoulder and you noticed that she felt a little warm.

She said it was just because she had felt chilly last night and curled up with an extra blanket or two and it ended up making her warm.

You didn't exactly believe it but you had the day off and with how busy you've been, you're completely exhausted and at the time, you felt too tired to question her any further.

At the time, anyway.

Because she was running very slow this morning, practically dragging her feet as she struggles to resist the longing to crawl back into bed and sleep for the day.

She feels so run down and under the weather but with so much on her plate, she tried to just power through.

"Yeah. I'm sure." She said and finished getting ready before kissing your cheek and heading out the door for a long and busy day ahead.

You had a feeling that she wouldn't be gone for too long though.

You know Billie like the back of your hand.

You know when something isn't right and you know when she isn't feeling well.

You didn't push her into staying because it didn't feel right to do so.

But you knew it wouldn't be long before she'd come home feeling unwell and unable to help but confess that to you.

So, despite being so tired, you didn't go back to sleep.

You felt too worried and just stayed awake watching tv and playing on your phone.

It was about an hour later when your phone started to ring and to no surprise, it was Billie calling you.

"Hey, baby. Everything okay?" You asked as you answered her call.

"No."

Her voice was shaky and despite knowing she wasn't feeling well, you got worried because you knew that something was wrong.

"Billie, what's wrong?"

"I got sick." She said with a shaky breath. "I'm in the studio and I wasn't feeling well but I thought I could make it through the day. I went in to start recording but my stomach turned and I threw up."

"Oh, baby, it's okay." You said as your heart sank.

"I need to come home but I'm afraid to drive back."

"It's okay, darling. Don't worry about it. I'll Uber there and drive your car home."

"Okay." She agreed.

"I'm going to be on my way in just a few minutes. Just relax and try to take a few deep breaths. I'll be by your side before you know it. I love you."

"I love you too." She said before ending the call.

You got an Uber after grabbing your things and they showed up a few minutes later, taking you up to the studio.

You made sure you gave them some money before you rushed into the building and to Billie's studio.

And as soon as you were inside and she saw you, she got out of the chair she was sitting in and walked to you.

"I want to go home." She mumbled. "I feel sick and I'm so tired. I just want to go home and sleep."

"I know, baby. It's okay. I'll get you home." You said as you kissed her head before grabbing her things and waving to the others in the studio that had been there with her.

You helped her out of the building and just as you opened the door and got ready to help her into the car, she got sick once more outside the car.

You held back her hair for her and comforted her as she got miserably sick once again.

"It's okay, baby. I'm here." You soothingly spoke, helping her through every second.

When she finished, she sat back in the passenger seat and tried to fall asleep as you drove home.

You arrived home a few minutes later and helped her into the house as she groaned.

Thankfully, she didn't feel like she was going to be sick again, which was relieving.

She brushed her teeth while you got her some water, as well as some medicine for her fever.

When she finished brushing her teeth and exited the bathroom, she turned the light off and dragged her feet as she made her way to the bed.

"Are you okay, my love? How do you feel?"

"I feel terrible." She confessed.

"You weren't feeling well when you left, were you?"

She shook her head wordlessly.

"Sorry for not telling you the truth. I just thought I'd be fine once I was fully awake and I would just get through the day before coming home to you."

"Well, now you're home with me early and, probably, for a few days at that."

"If you give me some cuddles, I won't complain about that." She said as she laid down.

"As if I'd let you lay here in bed sick without cuddling you to try and make you feel better." You said with a small smile as you kissed her cheek.

She started to shiver so you grabbed a couple of extra blankets from the closet and covered her up.

"Thank you, baby." She said with a weak and tired but adorable smile.

"You're welcome, my love." You said before laying down and cuddling up to her.

"What time is it?" She asked. "I can't check for myself now that my eyes are closed. I don't think I can open them."

You chuckled before looking at the clock and then back at her.

"Nine am."

She groaned.

"Get some sleep. If you need me, I'm here."

"Okay. I love you." She sleepily spoke as she started to fall asleep, comfortably resting her head on your shoulder.

"I love you too, baby. Sleep tight." You said, kissing her head a few times before you fell back asleep, too.