you surprise her on tour

It all felt so surreal. From where you stood just behind the curtains, you could occasionally peek out and watch your girlfriend move around on stage as she poured out her heart and soul into the music she loved to make. Of course, the thousands and thousands of fans who showed up for her tonight and love her to pieces sang along to every word with her.

Even over the cheers and the bass in the songs, you could still hear your fast-beating heart. You've waited for this day for months. Actually, this whole thing was unplanned. You're not supposed to see Billie for another two weeks when she'd return home from the long tour she's currently on.

But she's been overwhelmed lately. She doesn't let it show, but she's having a hard time holding it all together sometimes. Being away from home, and from you, has taken a toll on her. She face-timed you last night, pleading for you to come. You told her that you'd try to soon. But little did she know, upon seeing that first tear run down her cheek and hearing the first plea fall from her lips, you had booked your plane ticket for today.

Your flight got in a little later than it was supposed to. You originally planned to at least catch the last part of the show, but you had a slight delay along the way and you've only been able to catch the last fifteen minutes or so before the lights would go down and the fans would head out.

And all too soon for those excited fans, the last song finished and Billie was saying her thank you's to them all before she'd head backstage; to where you were waiting for her.

"I love you guys!" She yelled into the mic and waved to them all once more before she was coming off the stage. She handed her mic over and pulled her in-ear monitors out. She was soaking in the applause and cheers that awaited her for just a second before her busy brain calmed down and only seemed to focus on one thing - you.

With her head still down, she thought that she'd just head to her dressing room and change then give you a call. But when she lifted her head and saw you standing near, she froze on her feet.

Her breath hitched and her heart beat wildly. A smile broke out on her face before she ran to you and threw her arms around you.

"I've missed you! I can't believe you're really here!" She said as she buried her face in your neck.

"I'm here, baby. I've missed you too. I had to come see you. After last night..." you trailed off and closed your eyes, just relishing in the moment you've wanted to share with her for the last few months.

"When did you get here?"

She pulled back and kept her arms around your waist.

"About twenty minutes ago. I wanted to catch the whole show but I landed late and,"

She silenced you with a kiss to your lips, one you happily reciprocated.

"Don't worry about it. I'm just happy that you're here! There'll be more shows! Right?"

You laughed and kissed her cheek softly. "What? You thought I'd only come see you for a few days and disappear? You only have two weeks till it's time to return home and I plan to stay with you for them all. If that's what you want."

She kissed you again. This time much more passionately and she even let her hand rest on your cheek as her lips moved in perfect sync with your own.

"More than anything." She whispered as she pulled away, but only just a little. Her lips were still so close to your own. Her breath fanned against your lips and she couldn't resist brushing them over your own ever so softly.

"Me too. I love you so much."

She hugged you close. A soft sigh fell from her lips as she breathed in your scent. The smell of your perfume lingered on your skin and she could smell your shampoo. It was perfect.

"I love you more." She smiled, thanking all of her lucky stars that you were by her side once more.