you break a bone (requested)

"It's going to be okay, baby," Billie assured as she walked with you through the hospital doors as you sniffled, soothing you the best she could as the pain from your broken arm became agonizing.

She went to the front desk, explaining the situation as you sat down, wincing from the overwhelming pain.

The nurse at the desk promised it'd only be a minute or two until you could go back.

This afternoon is so different than what you thought it'd be. Billie planned to take you on a picnic but your fall down the stairs ruined those plans.

It was undeniable that you broke your arm. From the swelling and inexpressible pain to the scary crunch that you and Billie both heard when you landed on the ground, it was very obvious that it was broken.

"Last time I let you go down the stairs on your own." She teased.

"Very funny. I just lost my balance."

"I know, baby. It'll be okay." She promised as she soothingly rubbed her fingers along your thigh.

A moment later, you got to go back into a room, and Billie kept her arm around your waist every step of the way.

She's been worried about you. You could tell by the way her hand shook and the way she furrowed her eyebrows as the doctor checked you over.

She held your other hand as he looked your arm over, letting you squeeze it when the pain became overwhelming.

"Your girlfriend here is going to have to help you out for a while." The doctor said as he grabbed a splint for your arm.

"Oh, don't worry, I will. She won't even be going downstairs on her own."

You rolled your eyes but laughed a little.

She's always been protective of you, keeping you safe at all costs. So you're sure that she wasn't joking about that.

"So, in about five to seven days, you'll probably get a cast for your arm instead. Make sure you keep moving it and your doctor will probably do X-rays again, just to make sure everything is healing well."

You nodded and walked out of the hospital a few minutes later with Billie's arm wrapped around you.

"C'mon, baby. We'll go pick up your medicine and get you home."

"Thanks for being here with me, Billie. It was a little scary, so I'm happy I didn't have to go through it on my own."

"You know I'd never let you go through it on your own, my love." She said, kissing your head. "I've got you. I'll take great care of you, I promise."

You smiled to yourself, no doubt in your mind that she'd be by your side through it all, caring for you until your arm is all healed up.