you're insecure (requested)

Billie knocked on the bathroom door once more, quietly saying your name as she asked you if you're almost ready to go.

"Babe? We're going to be late if we don't hurry."

You didn't say a word.

You just continued to stare into the mirror at your reflection, despising every flaw and imperfection that you saw.

You stared at the dress you pulled out from your closet for your special date with Billie tonight. She's taking you to the most special, most romantic spot in town.

You don't dress up very often but it's a rare occasion to the fanciest spot in town and you thought it'd be nice to dress up a little and enjoy yourself.

But now, you have regrets.

Especially since Billie is looking forward to you wearing it and you pulled it on before taking it off, hating the way you look in it.

"Y/N?" She said once more. "Okay, open the door, babe. Somethings wrong, I can tell. Let me in."

"No." You mumbled, just loud enough for her to hear.

"You're worrying me. Let me in, please."

You walked to the door and slowly turned the lock, wondering during the entire few seconds if you should or not.

But you turned it and then went back to stare into the mirror, mentally tearing yourself apart.

The door opened and Billie was surprised to find that you weren't dressed.

"You're not ready to go, baby? I thought you were excited about our date tonight."

"I am." You spoke quietly, your voice filled with sadness. "Or, I was. Not so much anymore."

"Why?" She asked as she walked up behind you, putting her arms around you and her chin on your shoulder.

"I shouldn't have pulled that dress out. I wanted to wear it. I put it on but I had to take it off again. I feel like it doesn't look good on me."

"What?" She whispered in shock. "Are you serious? Baby, I'm sure it looks beautiful on you."

"It doesn't."

She shook her head, kissing your shoulder.

"That's silly." She said. "Because you look beautiful in everything."

You scoffed, a few words on the tip of your tongue about how she has to say that because she's your girlfriend.

"I mean it, y/n. Wholeheartedly. You look beautiful in your sweats with your hair pulled up and no makeup on. You look beautiful in that dress. You look beautiful in nothing at all. You look beautiful always."

You sniffled, feeling tearful over how beautiful she was making you feel.

"I know that you feel insecure but you have no reason to. I'm not saying that you're beautiful just because you're my girl, but because you truly are. To everyone that knows you, to random strangers when we go places together. They stare at you and I can never blame them. You're beautiful inside and out and I love everything about you."

"Really?"

"Of course, baby. Everything you see, every inch of your body, whatever you see as a flaw or an imperfection, I see as perfection. You couldn't be more perfect in my eyes."

You sniffled as you turned around, staring at her with tears in your eyes.

"You make me feel beautiful."

"Good, because you truly are."

She pecked your lips lovingly and brushed her fingertips along your sides.

"If you want to wear that dress, wear it. If you want to go in your sweats, wear them. If you want to go in one of my shirts and a pair of jeans or leggings, wear them. Wear whatever you want. You'll turn heads regardless. You'll take my breath away no matter what."

You kissed her lips before pulling on the dress.

She zipped it for you before kissing both your shoulders with a smile on her face and a look of love in her eyes.

"So beautiful." She whispered softly, kissing you a few more times. "Now, come on. Let's go before we miss our reservation."

She took your hand into hers and swung them back and forth as you exited the bathroom.

She couldn't take her eyes off of you.

You truly are the most beautiful girl in the world in her eyes. She hopes that one day, you'll see just how beautiful you are yourself.