hugs

Billie put her phone down and grabbed a bottle of cold water. She was hot; from the heat outside and the walk home from the studio, where she spent the last few hours making new music and writing out her feelings.

She took a few swigs and twisted the cap back on just before you came up behind her and squeezed her tightly. She laughed a little before dropping the bottle on the counter.

She turned around and hugged you back, burying her face in your neck with a soft sigh, loving the way your arms felt around her and the comfort your embrace always provided.

"I missed you today!" You said, rather excitedly, making Billie laugh as she held you a little tighter.

"Not as much as I missed you, my love." She kissed the side of your head and loosened her grip. She looked up at you and laid both her hands on your cheeks while looking into your eyes. "I love it so much when you greet me like this!"

"Me too. I always need a good hug from my girl after a long day of missing you. Did you have a good day?" You wondered as you moved to lay your hands over hers where they rested on your cheeks, thumbs swiping in soft circles along your cheekbones and under your eyes. "Yeah, but it's even better now that I'm home with you."

As your lips tugged up in a smile you leaned in to give her a soft kiss. You pulled away and laid your head down on her chest, listening to the beat of her heart. Her grip returned, her arms circled around you making you feel oh so loved.

"Love you," you reminded her, tilting your head up to sneak a kiss against her cheek.

She hugged you a little tighter than before; simply cherishing you being close to her and the way her heart beat in sync with your own.

"I love you more than words can say, y/n."