The place was meant for the rich. When we walked in there were a couple of group of men just walking around like as if they were standing guard. I stayed close to Vincenzo's side as we contained straight. Ricardo and Edward walked behind making sure nothing happened. We push past through two big doors and made it towards a long table sitting in the middle of some ball room. The room smelt expensive, chandlers hung from the ceiling, nice decorative painting hung on every other wall. Vincenzo made his way towards the end of the table but removed his arm wrapped around and walked further up pulling the chair right next to the end out.

He gave me a glance and I quickly took a seat. He pushed me in and leaned over the side, "More people are going to show up right now. Some other guys might bring other woman too but that's not going to stop any other male to look at you Mai." He whispered in my ear, "don't be bother by it, nothing is going to happen. We're simply doing business here." He gives my cheek a kiss and walks towards the door. "I'll be back."

I look at Edward who's looking at his back as he walks away from us three. He turn towards me, "how you feeling Ever?" He asks as he takes the seat next to me on my right side. Ricardo sits across from me as he starts to unbutton his suit jacket. "A little annoyed but other than that I'm okay." I say as I look over to him. He gives me a soft smile and one soft nod.

"What about you?" I ask. His head jerks back slightly, seems a little surprised from the question. He looks at Ricardo who's already staring at him with an eyebrow raised. "Well are you going to answer the doll or you're just going to sit there?" Ricardo said as he smirks at him. Edward starts to glare at him but he looks towards me and gives me a soft smile, "I'm doing good. I'm kinda tired since I didn't really sleep at night." He says as he rubs his face. He places his elbows on the table and leans his chin on his hands.

I was going to say something but we heard the doors open and here comes Vincenzo. He walks towards the end of table and takes a seat there. "They're coming right now." He grabs my hand from my lap and places it on the table and holds it there. I look away from my hand and look towards Ricardo and sees him sitting himself up and scoots himself closer to the table. I slight look over to Edward and see him starting at my hand engulf with Vincenzo and then looks away.

The door opens again but this time I hear a lot of other voices. A lot of men walk through the doors. I saw like four other females walk in with arm locked with men. They all make their way towards the table and start to fill in the empty seats. The table is pretty long but soon starts to look so small with all these people filling in the seats. I look down the table and see the seats being filled and finally everyone is seated but expect for the other end of the table, right across from Vincenzo.

He gives my hand a squeeze causing me to look at him. He leans in and I do the same. His mouth is right next to my ear, "things might get ugly so whatever happens stayed close to us three okay." He says coolly. My eyebrows come together, "if you were going to fight Vincenzo you should've told me this is why I don't like coming." I hissed in his ear. He pulls back and gives me a smile and winks at me.

"Welcome everyone." A loud deep voice said as it echoed through the room. Everyone became quiet causing us to look at the doors everyone walked through. My eyes met with dark brown eyes.

"Let's eat." He says.

******

Waiters brought out food and everyone was softly talking. The man who walked in last was sitting across from Vincenzo, I'm assuming he's the guy Vincenzo wants to take over. He had dark brown eyes, dark brown hair. His face was sharp, clean shave. His hair was slightly pushed to the side, he wore a dark royal blue suit. Him and Vincenzo stood out. Of course the both held power but they both didn't seem phased by each other.

I grabbed the champagne that they poured in my glass and gently took a sip, "Are we going to discuss or just simply eat. I don't have time to fool around." Vincenzo said cold and stern. The talking died down and everyone's eyes moved side to side trying to see who will talk first.

"I mean wouldn't it be nice to have a full stomach before we even make business moves?" The man said as he reached for his glass.

Vincenzo didn't seem pleased with the answer and I'm assuming other noticed since they started to set their forks down. The man sighed after drinking from his cup as he placed it down and looked towards Vincenzo. "What's your offer?" He simply asked.

"I buy your business and we both go our separate ways."

"No."

"No?" My heart dropped. No? He said no?

"What makes you different from all these other higher men-"

"No ones high than me." Vincenzo simply remarked.

"I mean in numbers-"

"Numbers is just number-"

"Numbers are what makes your name known isn't that right Vincenzo."

Everyone was quiet, no one didn't know what to do. Everyone was in state of shock-well I think they are because clearly I am.

Vincenzo has a blank face, his hands were in first on the table, "Numbers are one reason to make your name know-" he pushes his chair out and stands up. "But knowing what someone does and how their name become heard of is something else."

"Oh like what? Hm? Just by killing Vlad?" He smirks.

My heart drops at the name. Oh please, please.

"Tell me who's coming for this company and I'll have their names off your list." Vincenzo says.

"For someone who thinks he's on top is actually begging for my company. How pathet-" a gun was pointed straight at him. My eyes grow wide.

Please.

I can't see this.

******

*coughs*

Hello...

Book IG: friesbeforeguys101