THIRTY

She's not dead.

~Vincenzo~

I woke up gasping. I stood up and ran towards the bed and pulled the covers down. Her lips were slightly parted. I grabbed her head and turned it to the side and moved her hair and scanned her face.

Nothing. Saw nothing.

"What are you doing?" She said in a hoarse voice.

"Nothing. Go back to sleep." I took a step back, my heart pounding. My hands are sweating and I kept locking my jaw.

She looked towards me and furrowed her eyebrows, "since when did you came?"

"Awhile ago." I said as I took another step back.

"What time is it?" She said as she looked around.

"I don't know. Late. Sleep." I took a seat in the chair and sighed. I ran a hand through my hair and then scratched. My legs spread out in front of me and I closed my eyes.

"Have you slept?"

"No."

"Go asleep."

I don't think I can, I wanted to say but I didn't. "Not tired."

"You should tr-"

"Just go sleep Mai. You need to rest." I open my eyes and I see her look at me. She opened her mouth and was about to say something but I raised an eyebrow and she shut her mouth. "Night then."

She laid back down and stared up. She can't really move so I understand that. And starts to slowly close her eyes and after a good ten minutes her soft snores came out of her lips.

I sighed again and slumped against the chair.

Fûckin get me something to fûckin drink.

******

Is it bad that I left her?

Nah. It's not.

I took another gulp of the strong liquor and it burned my throat. "Another." I said as my eyebrows furrowed when the burning liquor went down. He only nodded and poured me more.

Glass after glass.

Me just thinking about that could've happened.

"Cazzo!" I said as I slammed the glass down. "Cazzo." I nodded at the bar tender and he poured me more.

I don't know how much I had, but man...it's definitely doing what I want it to do.

Forget.

I placed the bills down and swayed out of the bar. I placed my hat back on and walked out. I burped and swayed back to the hospital.