The Hamptons Part 2

"Do you two know each other?" David asks looking back and forth between Trevor and I.

Trevor quickly replies to his friend but doesn't break eye contact with me, "We may have met."

How is this happening? I thought I'd never see him again and here he is standing in my parent's beach house.

"So, how do you know David?" I ask Trevor, praying David hasn't told him any embarrassing stories about me yet.

"We actually met in med school. I wouldn't have made it through my surgical residency if it wasn't for this guy." He chuckles giving David a firm pat on the shoulder.

A surgeon? Thank God he's not a drug dealer!

It's at this exact moment that Krista chooses to make her presence known, "A surgeon, huh? I bet you're really good with your hands." She says wiggling her brows at me.

I give her a swift elbow to the ribs, "This is Krista, don't mind her, she has no filter. My other friend Lauren is in the living room with Brad."

My Mom then makes an appearance, introducing herself to Trevor and offering drinks to everyone. "Dinner will be ready in about 15 minutes. Come inside everyone and make yourselves comfortable."

Trevor and I hang back, following everyone else slowly into the living room. He places a gentle hand on the small of my back and leans in so only I can hear him. "I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since our dance. I think you owe me your phone number."

My cheeks flush at his admission. "I may be able to do that. How do I know you're not going to run out on me again?" I ask coyly.

Guilt flashes across his face briefly before he smiles and licks his bottom lip, " I can't promise I won't run out on you again, but I can promise to always come back."

Damn, this guy and his kissable lips and panty-dropping lines.

"Maybe if I'm lucky you'll give me a reason to give you my number before the end of the night." I say flirtatiously.

I hear a low growl in my ear as he whispers, "Challenge accepted."

We join everyone else as my Mom hands us each a drink and we begin making small talk, waiting for dinner to start. David is catching up with my brother as Lauren stares at Brad with stars in her eyes. Krista begins grilling Trevor, knowing what I told her about our encounter at the club. I've got to keep my eye on her though, like David, she won't shy away from telling him embarrassing stories about me.

Before long Mom enters again telling everyone they can take their seats for dinner. Like any Martha Stewart-loving house wife, my Mom has exquisitely decorated the table for the evening, complete with assigned seating. However, unfortunately for me, Mom is oblivious to the situation with Trevor and I and has seated me between David and Krista, with Trevor on the other side of David. She was kind enough to switch seats so Lauren and Brad could sit next to one another. Hard as I tried, stealing glances at Trevor throughout dinner was difficult thanks to David and his big head (literally and figuratively).

We finished dinner and Dad ushered us out onto the back patio for more drinks. It was a prefect evening to watch the sun set on the water. Brad seemed to agree as he invited Lauren to join him for a sunset walk on the beach.

"Excuse me Steven may I use your restroom, sir?" Trevor asked my dad.

"I can show him." I quickly interjected.

"Thank you, honey." My dad smiled me.

I led Trevor back into the house, down the hall towards the main floor bathroom. As soon as we rounded the corner I felt his hand grasp my wrist spinning me back against his firm body, pushing me up against the wall. I let out a startled gasp as his lips met mine sending goose bumps throughout my body. Instinctively, my hands reached for the back of his head to run my fingers through his hair. I moaned at the feeling of his hand on my back pulling me firmly against him.

He broke our kiss, his forehead pressed gently to mine, his hot breath fanning my face. "I've been wanting to do that all night." His hushed voice causing my heartbeat to race even faster.

"I'm glad you did." I breathed, leaning in for another kiss.

"Hey Trevor, you in here?" David interrupts us as we quickly pull apart from one another. "We need to get going if we're gonna make it to our 9am tee time tomorrow morning."

"I'll meet you out front." He tells David as he disappears out the front door behind his parents. "So what do you think? Have I done enough to earn your phone number."

"Definitely." I take his phone adding a new contact for my number with a smile on my face.

He takes back his phone, gives me one last peck on the lips, and makes his way to the door. "I'll call you, I promise."

As the door closes, I return to the kitchen to help my Mom, Dad and Krista clean up the dishes. Brad and Lauren still hadn't returned from their walk on the beach. My mother couldn't stop gushing about what a cute couple they would make and imaging how adorable their kids would be.

"Getting a little ahead of yourself, don't ya think, Mom?"

"I promise not to say anything to Brad. I'll let things happen naturally, I won't pressure them." She defends herself. "That reminds me, what did you think of David, Sadie? He sure has grown into a handsome man...and a doctor!"

"Mom, I told you I'm not interested in David." I reply with a huff.

"That's because you'd rather hook up with Trevor!" Krista interjects.

"Krista!" I glare at her.

"Trevor?" My parents say in unison as my head falls into my hands.

"Sadie and Trevor met at the club last week." She says, ignoring the embarrassment she's just caused me.

"Krista, shut up!" I say through gritted teeth.

Thankfully at that moment Brad and Lauren walked into the kitchen drawing my parents attention off of me. I took this opportunity to sneak upstairs and shower after a long day of work, travel, and embarrassment.

*********

After my shower I return to my room to find Krista and Lauren talking on my bed; Lauren telling Krista all about my brother and their romantic walk on the beach.

Lauren looks at me with worry written on her face. "Is this ok? Brad and I. Is it weird for you?"

"Actually I thinks it's kinda sweet." I reply with a smile on my face. "It would be weird if it was Krista."

"Hey, I resent that!" Krista crosses her arms with a frown on her face.

"Would you want to picture your brother in a sex swing with your best friend?" I retort matter-of-factly.

"Point taken." Krista says begrudgingly. "You're lucky I like Lauren and Brad together. You two are sickeningly cute." She turns to Lauren.

"Sadie, your brother is so sweet." Lauren gushes dreamily. "He wants to take me on a date tomorrow night. You don't mind if I ditch you girls for a few hours, do you?"

"Not at all, but please spare me the details." I plead.

"Not me, I want to know everything! Every sweaty detail." Krista begs Lauren.

With that I shoo my friends back to their own rooms so I can get some sleep. Just as I pull the covers up to my chin, I hear my phone chime with a new text message.

Trevor: David is planning a big party on the beach tomorrow night. What are the chances I can convince you to come?

Sadie: I'd say the chances are pretty good. ;-)

Trevor: Great. I can't wait to see you again. Sweet dreams, beautiful. xx

Sadie: Good night, Trevor. xx

With a smile on my face, I drift off to sleep thinking about what tomorrow might bring.