The Hamptons Part 1

It's 2pm on Friday and I'm finally done with my last budget meeting of the day. Now I just have to pick up the rental car, get Krista and Lauren, and we're on our way.

I pull up to Krista's place just as they're stepping outside. I eagerly look at them, waiting for their reaction.

"Eeeee!!!" They squeal simultaneously as they see me with the top down on a sleek red convertible I rented for the weekend.

"Get in girls, the Hamptons await! I yell.

The worst part about the Hamptons is the traffic trying to get from the city to the Hamptons. However, when you're in a convertible, it makes it much easier to flirt with hotties that are stuck in Hamptons traffic as well. With Krista riding shotgun, she scored us a total of four numbers on our way there and three beach party invites.

We pulled up to my parents beach house just as my mom came running outside pulling all three of us into a big hug. My dad grabbed our bags from the trunk while Mom ushered us into the house for a cocktail.

"Thanks for having us Mrs. Prince. We all really needed a break from the city." Lauren gushes to my mom.

"Oh please, call me Jill. It is so wonderful to have you girls here this weekend. You're going to just love it. Make yourselves at home and we'll be having dinner at 7pm. Sadie, your brother just ran to the store for me, but he'll be back shortly, he's so excited to see you." She rambles off while prepping dinner for this evening.

"Sadie, how come we've never met your brother?" Krista asks with a flirty tone.

"Don't go there Krista. My little brother has been in California at grad school and he just graduated a few weeks ago. I haven't even seen him since last summer." I retorted protectively.

"Didn't he tell you, Sadie?" My Mom interjected. "He's not just here for a visit. He was offered a job in the city. He starts in two weeks. He was hoping to stay with you until he could find a place of his own."

"That little brat didn't say anything! I can't believe we're going to be living in the same city again, of course he can stay with me. I bet Lauren and Krista could help him find his own place too." I have been missing my brother so much, it'll be great to be able to see him more often.

Just then my dad comes down the stairs. "I've got you girls set up in the guest rooms upstairs."

"Oh Steven, will you call Brad and have him pick up some more wine at the store? Apprently David is bringing a friend tonight." Mom calls from the kitchen."

"Of course dear." He replies kissing her on the cheek. "Oh girls, you still have some time before dinner to relax on the beach if you'd like.

"Thanks Dad, that's a great idea, I think we'll do that."

The three of us made our way upstairs to unpack and change into our new bikinis. Cocktails in hand we settle into some sun chairs in the back of my parents cottage that walks right out onto the sand.

"So who are the Jensens your mom mentioned?" asked Lauren from under her satellite-sized sun hat.

"They're just some old family friends. I've known them my whole life, including their son, David; we went to school together. Our parents have been hoping and praying our entire lives that David and I would end up together. From what I remember, the only person David loves is David. He's so full of himself." I reply trying to hold back my disdain.

"We've got your back, girl. We'll run interference with your mom if she tries to play matchmaker." Krista says with a wink.

"Thank you, I owe you one."

"Now if you'll excuse me, I see a hottie at 10 o'clock that could use some help finding my lips." Krista pushes up from her sun chair, making a bee line for a group of guys playing volleyball on the beach.

"We're not gonna see much of her this weekend, are we?" Lauren asks.

"Did you really expect anything less? I giggle thinking of all the trouble our friend manages to find wherever she goes. "Come on, let's take a dip before we have to go inside and get ready for dinner."

After a refreshing dip, Lauren and I track down Krista and drag her away from her flavor of the day. We all rinse off the sand under the outdoor shower and head inside to get ready before the Jensens arrive.

We saunter downstairs, each dressed in a new sun dress we bought for the weekend and I shriek as a pair of large arms wrap around my waist, lifting me off the ground. "Brad! Put me down!"

There's no denying that Brad and I are siblings. We both got mom's dark brown hair and bright green eyes. Thankfully I also got Mom's curvy figure and Brad is built like my Dad, both of whom are former marines.

"Hey big sis, I've missed you!" Brad squeezes me, refusing to put me back on the floor.

"Brad these are my friends Krista and Lau-".

Brad instintly drops me as his eyes lock onto Lauren's, whose face is suddenly bright red, feverishly chewing on her bottom lip.

"Hi, I'm Brad and you are?

Lauren hesitantly extends her hand to his and stutters, "L-Lauren".

They stood frozen in each others gaze, continuing to shake hands for what feels like forever. Lauren finally shakes her head and retracts her hand looking at me with both fear and excitement in her eyes.

I turn from Lauren to Brad and say, "Hey baby, brother, Mom tells me you need a place to crash in the city for a few weeks. You're welcome to stay with me as long as you need, but Krista and Lauren happen to own a real estate company. I'm sure Lauren would love to show you some places."

"Really? That would be great." Brad says, stepping closer to Lauren.

"Um, sure. We um, have a few listings right now that may be just what you're looking for. I could show you some pics and we could set up some showings as early as next week if you'd like." Lauren mumbles and nervously fidgets with her charm bracelet.

Krista leans in and whispers in my ear while this all unfolds in front of us. "I've never seen her like this. Usually she's a little more confident around men. I think your brother melted her brain with his hotness."

"Ew, that's my brother you're talking about."

"We can hear you." My brother scolds us, still not breaking eye contact with Lauren.

He then leads her away to the couch so she can show him pics of the listings she mentioned.

"What's happening over there?" My Dad nods to my brother and Lauren as him and my Mom walk out of the kitchen.

Krista, quick to fill them in, "That is love at first sight."

"No way! Brad and Lauren? I can't believe it! Oh, Sadie I always liked Lauren. She is perfect for my Brad! Mom squeals in excitement.

"Calm down, Mom. They just met. She's just showing him some listings. They aren't planning a wedding." I respond, begging her to relax.

Ding Dong

"Oh, that must be Mark and Susan. Steven honey will you get the door please?" My Mom spins on her heels back to the kitchen.

"Is that Sadie?!? Oh honey, don't you look lovely! Mark, look at how beautiful Sadie looks! Susan wraps me in a big hug as her husband, Mark, shakes my Dad's hand. "Sadie dear, you remember our son, David? This is his friend..."

"Trevor." I breathe, not believing the sight of the man standing before me.

A/N: This is my first book. Please comment and tell me what you think of these first few chapters. I'll start updating more frequently if y'all are interested. Thanks for reading. -M