Chapter 3-Revised- Explanations and New Places

"Wait, what?" Jeff asked.

"You all are royalty, Heirs to thrones of my father and his companions," Tabitha said.

"Really?" Gen asked.

"Yes. Jeff is the son of the Dwarf Lord, my uncle Boden, and Heir to the throne of the dwarves. Rusty is the daughter of the Lady of the Elves, my aunt and Boden's wife Dyani, and she is Heir to the throne of the elves. Jake is the son and Heir of my father, King Uriah, and is destined to take his place as King of Narabithia on the day of his eighteenth birthday. That is why I brought you here now and not any later, because you would be completely unprepared to reign if you are not taught and trained now," Tabitha explained.

"And what about me?" Gen asked.

"Well..." Tabitha said.

"What is it?" Gen said.

"You are of Earth," Tabitha said. "You are a Normal, a being without any magical or supernatural gifts. The only person's Heir who you could possibly be is my mother's, Queen Miriam. However... even that is not proven fact."

Gen hung her head, she had been excited at the possibility of having gifts and going on adventures, and saving lives. But apparently, that was not an opportunity open to her. "So, why am I here?" she asked half-heartedly.

"You're my best friend," Tabitha said. "I couldn't possibly leave you behind."

Gen smiled weakly. "Thanks," she replied.

"So, if we're actually Narabithian royalty, then why did we grow up on Earth?" Jeff asked.

"Hundreds of years ago, the High Priestess had a vision foreshadowing the Great War. In this vision, she saw that Narabithians would be victorious against the demonic sorcerer, The Kindler. However, he would not be vanquished so easily. They would win, but The Kindler would survive until three powerful Heirs arose and battled him. Only then would he be vanquished and sent to Sheol, hell, where he belongs," Tabitha explained.

"Once it was apparent that my father's Heir was born, demons of all kinds began attacking my parents. It became apparent to my father and my uncle and aunt that their Heirs would have to be hidden away simply so that they could survive. They put off sending their children away for as long as they could, but finally, after half my brother's heart was taken from him, they knew they could no longer wait.

"They sent their Heirs, they sent you, to the last place anyone would have expected; Earth. They put you in the homes of families they knew from their vacations and work conferences on Earth. They were always able to communicate with the families and they were able to keep an eye on you. There were unexpected trails that each of you faced, but you not only survived, but you thrived in those circumstances, and my parents were proud of all that you had become.

"That is why you were raised on Earth. Why they kept your heritage from you, I have no clue; but I know that they loved you and did what they thought was best for you," Tabitha finished explaining. "In the hopes that you would one day save Narabithia from a destructive fate."

"What's the prophecy?" Jake asked. "The one that caused your family to send us to Earth."

Tabitha cleared her throat and started singing:

Three of royal blood shall rise

To expose the sinner's guise;

To finally conquer the hell-sent Beast

And finally bring forth Heaven's Feast.

A hard road ahead of them is lain

To master Death and conquer Pain.