Prologue

Long ago, there was nothing but God. God spoke, and then there was light. This is what we know as the Creation story. God created everything and it was perfect and holy in His sight. But it did not stay that way.

To evade the impending infection of sin, Tobias the Elder Cat, asked God to protect him and his offspring from evil. Because of Tobias' love of Him, God created Eden, a refuge for the holy. Two of every creature was sent there; two of everything, but humans. The rest stayed on Earth.

Then sin invaded, coming in the form of angels; rebellious angels who wished to be in the place of God. As the rest of the universe suffered from sin, the inhabitants of Eden lived in holy bliss close to God. But the bliss would not last. 

Finally, God found a holy man, suitable to populate and rule Eden. His name was Enoch. He had walked close to God for all his life; and when God asked him to go to Eden, he eagerly accepted. A few days after Enoch "disappeared", God caused his wife to go into a death-like sleep.

Her family buried her, and then God sent her to Enoch in Eden. Enoch and his wife lived happy lives, and gave birth to many children. But peace did not last. Enoch's children were born infected with sin, so Eden and its inhabitants were quickly infected.

Just as God had promised Adam, He promised Enoch a way to salvation. Hundreds of years past and still no savior; He called forth a man named Abarron. He promised him a floating paradise high in the sky; but most importantly, He told Abarron that his descendant would open the gates of salvation and bring hope to all of Eden.

Abarron would never see the promises fulfilled. Neither would his son, Narab, who saved Eden from a terrible drought. He became well loved among the Nadirs, the empire of the time.

Narab's son was born shortly before he died. When he died, the Nadirs feared that Narab's children and family, who numbered hundreds of thousands, would try to take their kingdom. To save him from possible destruction Narab's wife hid her son in the princess of Nadir's bedroom.

When she saw the baby there, the princess adopted him as her son. She named him Altanios, and he was raised with his adopted brother as a prince. Soon he saw a slave driver whipping one of Narab's descendants, now called Narabithians. He told the guard to leave the old man alone, and when the guard shoved him and said no, he shoved the man right off into a ravine.

Feeling scared and confused he ran far away from Nadir. Soon he found a tribe of gypsies, also known as Catlings. They had strange facial features similar to those of a cat. He saved the chief's daughter and gained acceptance into their tribe.

Altanios married the chief's daughter and they lived happily. One day the Maker God told Altanios to go save the Narabithians from the Nadirs. He got up and left to do as the Maker had commanded. His real brother, Thamos, helped him free the Narabithians from slavery. They wondered for decades looking for the Promised Land.

Sadly, Altanios never got to see it. He died before he could get there. His son Uriah, a Catling, lead the people to the land promised to them. Flying up on dragon pulled boats, they reached the Promised Land. But the trouble wasn't over yet.

Giants of all kinds lived there, along with Wild Cats and Xilons, also known as dinosaurs. They fought enemy after enemy, and the Maker helped them win every battle. Soon, the Isle was their's and they began a new life upon Narabithia, as the island was then called.

Uriah reigned for three hundred years, before mysteriously vanishing; leaving Narabithia without a king. But most importantly, the gateway to salvation was still to be opened.

A/N: Here it is! Now you don't have to jump around a whole lot. :D Again, please don't forget to comment!!!