Chapter 5: The Weapons of Legend

Everyone was aroused before dawn. They were each dressed in fine silk by Tabitha's servants. Rusty wore a red dress. It had an amazing leaf design for the hemming, and the fabric turned different shades of red whenever she moved.

Jen wore a bright green dress with a leafy hem. Her dress changed to different shades of green when she moved. She also wore silver and gold jewelry, which Rusty refused to wear.

Jeff wore a suit the color of silver, with a gold shirt underneath. His hair was combed and slicked back, so he looked like a rich greaser from the fifties. Jake didn't look much different. He wore a gold suit with a silver shirt underneath, and his hair was slicked back.

The four of them sat in the family room, staring groggily at each other. One of Tabitha's servants walked in with a tray of tea and coffee, and offered them all a drink.

They all grabbed a cup of coffee and guzzled it down. They were just starting to wake up when Tabitha walked in. She wore a dress like Jen and Rusty's, except hers was purple. Over that, she wore an emerald green robe, which was tied at her waist with a belt.

A scabbard was attached to the belt. The scabbard held Tabitha's sword, the one she killed the Cyclops with. On Tabitha's head sat a silver circlet.

She nodded wearily at the four, before gulping down a Dr. Pepper. She sighed contentedly, and then said, "Follow me."

She walked toward the wall and grabbed one of the decorative torches. She pulled it down and the wall opened to reveal a dark passage way. Tabitha pulled out a flashlight and began marching down the corridor. The other four followed.

They marched on in silence, their footsteps echoing loudly. Finally, after many twists, a couple wrong turns, and a very steep slide, they arrived at a large maple door. In the middle of it was carved the Narabithian emblem.

"Now behave. Be serious. Any show of emotion will tick Judas off; and as much as I would love to see that happen, it would be very bad for your image to the public. Judas has a way of twisting your words; so when he annoys you, and I know he will, hold your tongue," Tabitha said. "Good luck."

She threw the door open. "Wait, what about you?" Jen asked as servants rushed her in the room.

"It is not my place to be here. I'm going to check on Exlore, and I'll be back in time to guide you back," Tabitha called, growing farther and farther away.

"Elders!" One of the servants announced. "I present to you the chosen Three, plus one." Jen rolled her eyes, before standing erect. "Jake, Jeff, Rusty, and Jen." They lined up in that order.

"Why is there four?" One of the Elders asked. Jen could tell by the way he looked, that he must have been Judas. Jen stepped toward him.

"I was originally brought here as Tabitha's friend, but new information has been brought to light. I have my own prophecy, I am vital to the Three's success. If you have questions, Judas, you will have to talk to Tabitha about it," Jen said. She stepped back and took her place in line.

"Spunky, and smart," Judas said, staring at Jen. "I will be keeping my eyes on you."

As Judas retold the rules, Jen did her best to take in her surroundings. They were in a cave about ten feet tall and ten feet wide. Only a table, the Elders, her friends, and her occupied the room. A few lively lanterns hung from the ceiling, bathing the cave in a warm glow.

One of the Elders came in from a side door, carrying several bundles. He set them clumsily on the table. "Careful, Thamos. The weapons have more value than you, so don't ruin them," Judas said.