Chapter 4: The Palace

They landed on the roof of a large stone building. It was the center of a large, square complex. Spires stuck out of each of the four corners of the complex, serving as watch towers. It had elaborate stained-glass windows scattered throughout.

Tabitha took a deep breath of the stale air. So many memories began flooding her mind. "It feels good to be home," She said.

"Home?" Jeff asked. "Wait, you live here?"

Tabitha nodded. "Since before I was born. I've never called another place home, except for Jen's place," she answered.

"What does Princa mean in Narabithian?" He asked.

"Ah, well, see it means-" Tabitha was cut off by a trumpet blast.

"The princess has returned!" someone shouted. The whole palace seemed to come alive with shouts of joy. Tabitha grimaced.

"You four take Exlore down to the sick bay, give him to Garcia. She'll take care of him. I'll meet you down there," Tabitha said, handing Exlore to Jake.

"What about you?" Jake asked.

"I'll be keeping the press at bay. Now hurry, they mustn't know you're here," She shooed them toward an elevator on the far side of the roof. She watched as they entered the elevator, struggling to keep Exlore from collapsing.

Just as the doors closed, a mob of reporters came rushing at her, all yelling questions at once. "Here we go."

"Floor Six, Sick Bay," a computer-generated voice said as the doors of the elevator opened. Jake rushed Exlore to the receptionist's desk.

"Hi, how may I help you?" The lady behind the desk said, smiling.

"Hi, I'm looking for a Garcia. Tabitha said to look for her," Jake said.

"Patient's name?" She replied.

"Exlore," he said. He hoisted Exlore's body into a more upright position.

"Does he have a last name?" The receptionist asked, typing away at her screen.

"No clue."

"And you asked for which doctor?"

"Garcia."

"I am Garcia," a voice came from behind Jake. Jake turned to see who the voice belonged to. "What seems to be the problem?" A small, Latino-looking lady in a pair of scrubs was standing there. She had a clip-board and pen in her hands.

She looked and saw Exlore grasping his side in pain. "Master Exlore," she gasped. "Come, room one is empty," she waved for them to follow her. They walked down a hall lined with occupied rooms. When they reached the end, Jake had counted thirty-nine rooms with patients in them.

"What happened to them?" Jake asked carrying Exlore into room one.

"Their village was attacked by Tankors," Garcia replied.

"What, exactly, are Tankors?" he asked.

The doctor looked at Jake suspiciously before saying, "They are ruthless, blood-thirsty, Rhino-men. They pillage and plunder whatever they desire. They spare no man, and take their wives and children. The men here are lucky to be alive."

"What happened to Exlore?" She asked.

"He battled an army of Tankors, with only a few of his best men. At least that's what he told us," Jake said.

The doctor asked everyone to leave while she examined Exlore for serious injuries. They sat in the waiting room while the doctor looked Exlore over. Jake was sitting in a black leather chair sipping a Coke Zero, when Tabitha burst in.