Home

Even after coming to a different agreement with Mr. Otori, I was still able to attend Ouran. Personally, I wouldn't have minded leaving. But, with the new arrangement, both Mr. Otori and I agreed that it would be in our best interests to keep everything else as it was.

So now I was just like every other student at Ouran. At first, it was hard to get used to. I've lost count of how many times I'd forgotten that I didn't have to go to the Host Club, or forgotten that I could actually go back to my own home.

"How was school?" my father's voice asked from the other room as I got home. Everything seemed to have been completely back to normal. "Your friends are here."

I froze. Friends? The only people I'd really talked to were the girls who visit the Host Club or in my class. Even then, none of them even knew where I lived. Only Kyoya had ever known that and there was no way in hell would he be here.

"What friends?" I called back to him. When you say something like that, it always sounds bad. Sure, I did kind of have friends, but we never talked outside of school. Other than Kyo of course. But Kyo was supposed to be helping his mom out today, so that wasn't possible.

"They said they were in some club with you at Ouran." I hoped this was a joke. Since the new arrangement had been made, I hadn't been to the Host Club at all. None of us had really talked since then.

Walking into the room, I let out a sigh of relief. There were just four of them and they weren't the twins, Kyoya or Tamaki. Though I was still a bit confused as to why these four were here in the first place.

"Hey Rin!" Renge and Honey tackled me with a hug the moment I stepped into the room.

"Hey guys..." I said, surprised to see them. "What are you doing here? And how did you know where I live?"

"It was in Kyo-chan's notebook!" Honey's excited voice said. Even though he was a couple of years older than me, I couldn't help but think of him as an adorable little kid. In a way, he reminded me very much of Kyo's little sister Izumiko. "How come you don't come to see us anymore? Don't you like us anymore?"

Izumiko had asked me the same thing. It was hard not to feel bad. But there was a reason for not going. Without thinking, I snapped into my business mode. "I have my reasons for not visiting the Host Club, let's leave it at that. Whether I still like you or not has nothing to do with it."

They seemed confused. But when my dad sighed and gave me a disapproving look, I knew that wasn't how I should have answered them. "Rin, that isn't how you talk to your friends," he scolded me. With a sigh, I forced myself back into a more friendly mode.

"Look, I'd rather not talk about it," I said, trying to pry Renge off of me. She'd still been hugging me. "You guys are great. Sure, Tamaki and the twins can be a real pain sometimes. And Renge can get a little carried away, but I still love you guys."

"What about Kyoya?" Renge finally released me. Her question had caught the attention of everyone in the room, especially my father.

I could hear him laughing over in his corner of the room. "Who's this Kyoya?"

"She's talking about Kyoya Otori..." I informed my father, who then looked like he was imagining all sorts of things that he assumed happened that definitely would never happen. "And it's not like that at all. I would rather not discuss this."

"She's been avoiding Kyoya because he likes her and she totally rejected him!" Renge was making half of that up.

"It's not like that!" I protested, but I had a feeling that none of them were going to listen to a word I said.

"So Kyo-chan is upset because she doesn't like him?"

"Rin just doesn't want to admit she likes him."

"Guys, did you ever think that maybe she likes someone else?"

"Nah, she totally has a thing for Kyoya!"

"Can we please stop talking about this?"

When they just kept discussing my non-existent feelings that I may or may not have regarding Kyoya, I decided I didn't want to hang around. That's when I remembered Kyo was supposed to be at the coffee shop today. Coffee sounded pretty good anyway. I signaled to my father that I was leaving, and he merely nodded.

Let's visit Kyo and get coffee. I don't know if I can handle these guys much longer. These are even the more calm ones. Well, Mori and Haruhi are. Renge and Honey aren't so much but they're still better than the twins. I'd hate to think what would happen if Tamaki and the twins were here.