A Day At The Beach

"I guess this isn't as bad as I'd thought it would be," I said, sitting with Haruhi on the beach. I wasn't a very good swimmer, so keeping a bit of distance between me and the ocean was a good idea.

Today the Host Club had come to the beach. I'd hoped that maybe it was just a little vacation for the hosts, but that was too much to hope for. Kyoya had brought along their guests, as well as dragging me along.

I didn't really mind it though. Since I'd been so busy helping out my father, I'd never been to the beach. Not that I could remember anyway. Dad once told me of a time when we had gone to the beach with my mother, but I was too young to really remember.

"I just hope it doesn't end up like last time," Haruhi said before explaining the events of the last time they had come here. "Some strange guys showed up and were harassing the girls. I tried to help and ended up being thrown off that big rock over there." He pointed to a cliff-like boulder that stuck out over the ocean.

"If it does, I'm sure Mr. Otori can handle it before anything bad happens," I reassured him. Despite the fact that he scared me a little, I had faith in Kyoya. If something were to happen, Kyoya would take care of it with no problem.

After talking for a moment more, I headed off to check in with our guests. Everything seemed to be going fine, but one of the girls wasn't anywhere in sight. Earlier today I'd made a mental note of everyone who had come with us. What happened to that other girl?

That question was soon answered when I heard a girl's voice shouting at someone near her. I followed the voice and soon found the girl who'd disappeared without the others noticing. With her was a guy maybe a year or two older than me. He held her by her arm, and I suspected this was something similar to what had happened with Haruhi last year.

"Come on, let's have a little fun," the guy was saying. He pulled her in closer, while she struggled against his grip.

"You're not supposed to be here," I said in as fierce of a voice as I could. This was almost like what had happened a week ago. The guy was Kyoya, the girl was me, and I was Kyoya's sister coming in at just the right time. It was an identical situation, but I had a feeling this guy wouldn't stop as willing as Kyoya had.

My voice seemed to have gotten his attention. He released the girl, but she just stood there. Damn rich people. I swear they are useless. "Go get Kyoya," I told her calmly. As she ran off, the guy attempted to follow, but his path was cut off by me.

"You're just askin' for it, ya know," he said, roughly grabbing me by my left arm.

After a failed attempt to pull my arm away, I tried to punch him with my free hand. But I wasn't any good with fighting or anything, so I was too slow. He caught my wrist before I could hit him. "Let go of me!" I hissed at him. This was turning into a repeat of what had happened with Kyoya. However, this time I wasn't afraid and I could fight back. But I didn't think I'd have to really fight back; I knew Kyoya would show up in time.

"Feisty. I like it."

Before he had any chance to say or do anything more, an all too familiar voice interrupted. "She told you to let go." Standing there was someone I hadn't expected to see.

When the guy still didn't release me, Kyo used force. After it was all over, the guy ran off like a mouse being chased by a cat.

"You alright, Rin?" my old friend said, his voice going back to that gentle tone he always used around me.

I almost said I was, but then thought of a better answer. "I can take care of myself you know," I said, adding a bit of attitude. I started to head back to where the Host Club was, with Kyo at my side.

"Oh really?" he challenged, tackling me to the ground. The two of us were there for what seemed like a long time, with Kyo tickling me and the both of us laughing the entire time.

"Okay, okay! I give!" He stopped as soon as I'd said the words. Giving me a playful smile, he stood up.

I hadn't realized how much I'd missed the sound of his voice until now. Things with the Otori family had kept me so busy, that I didn't even have the chance to notice just how much I'd missed him. Now that he was here, it was the only thing I could think about as he helped me stand back up.

"Rin!" I heard several voices calling out and I spot the members of the Host Club running over to where Kyo and I stood.

"Friends of yours?"

"Somewhat."

"Rin, care to tell us who this is?" I heard Kyoya's calm voice ask me. After a quick glance about our small crowd, he was easy to spot.

"I'm sorry," I apologized and gestured to my friend. "This is Kyo Satori, a friend from my former school." I then turned and introduced the hosts to Kyo. "This is Tamaki Suoh and Haruhi Fujioka. That's Takashi Morinozuka, but we just call him Mori. The one on his shoulders is Mitsukuni Haninozuka or Honey. And this is Hikaru and Kaoru... no... that's Kaoru, that's Hikaru... wait..." Even after knowing them this long, I still couldn't tell the two apart. "Um... Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachiin."

"It's nice to meet all of you. I hope you've been treating my girl well." As he said "my girl," he messed up my hair playfully. "Any of you boys lay a hand on her, you're a dead man, got it? Nobody messes with my girl."

As he went to mess up my hair even further, I grabbed his wrist to stop him. "You know I hate when you do that, Kyo."

"I believe you left out someone in your little introduction, Rin," Kyoya pointed out. Thinking about it, he was right.

"I'm sorry Mr. Otori!" I apologized quickly, snapping back into my business self. "This is Kyoya Otori."

Kyo laughed at my little mistake. "Mr. Otori, huh? What are you, her boss?" He'd meant it jokingly, but he had no clue just how right he was. His laughter stopped when he saw the serious looks on our faces. "Wait you mean he's actually... How the hell did that happen?"

"Hey Rin!" called the one voice I didn't want to hear right now.

"And here comes Renge." She ran up to me, linking her arm in mine. "Hey Renge," I said uneasily. This was awkward enough as it was. Time for her favorite game I guess.

"Come cosplay with me!"

"Time for a game of Let's Dress Up Rin," I whispered to Kyo. I glanced over at Kyoya, silently begging him to save me from Renge. But he never did, especially since it meant it kept Renge from causing any trouble in the Host Club. Today was no different. "See you later, Kyo," I said, letting Renge drag me off to who knows where.

How did I ever end up in such a mess? Well, I guess cosplay isn't that bad. Things could always be worse.