Chapter 8 - Will You Escort Me, My Prince?

1

It was noontime, and students moved back and forth the very spacious inn lobby. Some chattered as they looked at small charms from the inn's gift shop, while others were busy taking pictures at the scenic indoor gardens filled with lush plants of all sizes and shapes.

Students have been encouraged to intermingle among year levels, and Kazuki already saw some effects of that, as some students that he recognized were from different levels have grouped together in their free time activities.

In particular, he looked at the group of girls several meters away from him who were engaged in playing some sort of truth or dare with playing cards.

Meanwhile, he looked to his far left and saw all three of his roommates seated in silence, the shock from last night probably still fresh in their minds. For him, he managed to avoid the blunt of it by being the farthest away from the peeping hole when shit hit the fan.

"One hell of a night, huh?"

It was Tomoda who broke the silence, shaking his head.

"Hey, you're the ones who agreed to it. You could have just stopped me if you knew things were gonna end up that way!"Shiki quickly interjected. "Everyone here knows you wanted to try taking a peek as well, so stop playing innocent, Tomoda!"

"Unbelievable...." was all Yamada can say. His usual composed tone has given way to a more dreary tone that Kazuki barely heard through the bickering of the other two roommates.

Instead, he turned his attention to the gift shop at the end of the lobby to his right. He saw some boys and girls from his class as well as a couple of upperclassmen crowding around a section of the gift shop. However, just exiting the shop was a more notable figure who also approached him.

"Say, what was it that I heard about last night?"

Kazuki did not know what to answer as Sayaka Uehara drew closer. She had spoken those words in an almost sarcastic tone, and Kazuki can see that every bit of her body language stated that she meant business: from the quick, straight walk to her eyes that seemingly stared through him.

Holding on to a freshly brought stuff toy of a bear did not make her any less intimidating, especially with how she kept her eyes fixed on him.

"For the record, it was not my idea."

"Still, that was really bold of you, not that it surprises me anymore. Unfortunately, it had to be Bloomenfled in there."

"Well, Amagi saved our ass. It was thanks to her intervention that nothing much came out of it. We'll probably be dead to Mr. Tsuda if anything got out to the teachers."

"You know, if I were in there and you tried to pull that stunt on me, I would make sure to put you through more than what Bloomenfled could ever have in store. Mr. Tsuda would be the last of your worries."

Kazuki chuckled. "Yeah, I know. No need to say it."

"What would Hikari do when she hears about that, I wonder? Her bumbling big brother being caught doing degenerate acts like that," she looked at the distance while tapping her chin with a finger. "Oh wait, she already knows you're a pervert."

"Hey, how do you know that?"

Uehara laughed. "I just guessed. Come on, you know I have yet to meet her and all. What? Do you think that I would have somehow been talking to her in secret or something?"

"It's a possibility, you know..."

Suddenly remembering his sister, Kazuki did a double take as he felt his heart pound briefly. He hurriedly reached into his pocket.