6

Jack POV

She smashed her lips against mine and I felt my heart burst. Her lips are so soft. Mine against hers, makes me feel like I can do anything. As long as she's with me. I've known her two days and I feel like I've found my other half. Like I need her in my life. She's my missing piece. She's the key, I'm the lock. I mentally chuckle at me being this corny. And that's when I realized, I am completely in love with her. And so, I did something that I said I won't.

"I'm breaking up with Jess" I said when I pulled away. Mar eyes widen and she silently gasps.

"Really?" She whispers. I see her dimples popping out and disappearing, and I know she's trying to fight back a smile.

"Yes." I say nodding and chuckling.

"Why?" She asks getting up and throwing wood into the fire.

"Because. I feel like... We lost our connection. Ya know?" I said lying.

I could have told her the truth. Why didn't I? Oh, because she is not the type of person to share feelings. And getting rejected is a, hell no.

"Hm. Ok" she said. Damn. I think she knows I was lying. She sits back down beside me and lays her head on my lap, with one leg up on the log. "You sure?" she asked looking in my eyes.

Its like she's searching for my soul.

"Mhm" I said looking up into the woods. "Uh... We should get back to school." I said trying to change the subject.

"Ugh. Fine buzz kill" Mar said standing up and dusting herself off as I do the same. "Your right. Its almost time for lunch." She said as she leads my  back through the woods.

Once we step back onto school grounds I decided to speak.

"Thanks for showing me yalls hang out" I said as well walk up to the doors.

"No problem. You part of the crew. Get used to it." She said. I open the door and step to the side. "Thank you" she said walking through and I follow her.

"Welcome." I say. We walk through the doors of the lunch room and see her.... Our friends.

"Ohh. Did you kids have fun? I see you walking with a limp." Anadil said and they all laughed, including me. Mar sits beside Kelly and I sit by her.

"Bruh. If you see me walking with a limp, thats my gun walk." Mar says reciting the song Gunwalk by Lil Wayne.

"You don't even got the strap"  Brian said from across the table.

"Just cuz ion got it on me. Don't mean ion got it" Mar said leaning across the table to dapping him up, as well bust out laughing.

"Yeah. But lemme tell you, that ion think Jess approves of this little fling" Rosie said.

"We didn't do anything" Mar said rolling her eyes and looking over lunch room as a distraction.

"I don't care what Jess thinks. She is not my girlfriend" I said.

"Mmm. So ya single?" Jacob asked. Mar gave him a 'really?' look. Jacob puts his hands up in defense.

"Ohh. Jacob, I think you better stop flirting. Looks like someone's getting jealous~" Lily said, saying 'jealous' in a singy-song voice.

Mar rolled her eyes and flicked Lily off. Lily returns the gesture and everyone cracked up laughing.

"Yeah, ok. But ima take her mans." Jacob said.

"He's not my mans" Mar says.

Well damn. That kinda hurt. No, not kinda. Really. It really hurts.

I frown and hope nobody saw that. I look around the table and see Maya looking at me. She mouth 'Are you ok?'. I nod.