Chapter 4 - Housemate

Minji's POV

        Leaving all my unfinished paper and office works to secretary Park  is horrible, I felt  like vomiting. Looking at my packed suit cases and my plane ticket in hand, got my hands sweating and my vision blurring. Surely halmuhni will change her mind of I talk to her one more time, that's what I thought yesterday, today early morning and twenty minutes ago but every time I face her and tried to open my mouth she would immediately shut me down. Hearing a knock at my door brought me back to reality. It was Secretary Park, holding a ticket of his own he urged me to go downstairs and say my goodbyes to halmuhni and some of the house attendants. I stood up and went to the other side of the corridor, in front of the brown door sculpted with intricate design. I knocked on the door and she answered. "Yes come in"

"Halmuhni, I'll be leaving for the airport now, remember don't stress over with so many office works. Have some of the staff reduce your work load. Massage your legs after work and don't forget to take you medications." I instructed her. She smiled at me and a tear escaped from her left eye. I approached her swiped it with my thumb. I hugged her and kissed her head before heading out.

Seo wa halmuhni, is a tough, confident, stubborn and a wise chairman of  Hwang Empire but to me she is my support and guiding stick during my dark days and I am thankful to that. With her by my side I was able to surpass difficulties that a 10 years old child will never get through. I love her and she love me. I glanced at her one more time before breathing deeply and went downstairs.

Inside the airplane, I was not able to relax at all. Venturing a place I have never been before nor knowing anynoby made me feel alone and vulnerable and I don't like having those feelings. The pilot  announced that we will be landing shortly and advised us to buckle up.

Arriving in the LA airport, we went straight ahead to the exit where a black Sudan is waiting for us. Another 45 minutes and we arrived at the housing subdivision where houses stand next to each other, grass trimmed perfectly and children playing outside. We came to a halt infront of a house similar back home, zen type design but much modest compared to halmuhni's mansion. I went inside leaving Secretary Park and Min soo to attend to our suit cases. I went to explore the house and found that there is a pool in backyard and a gazebo beside it. I continued to walk upstairs only to wonder why there is movement inside one of the rooms. This is a vacant house, this house is supposed to be empty then why am I seeing activities inside one of the rooms. I dialed Secretary Park's number and notified him of what I discovered. He appeared behind me, pulled me aside and went straight ahead for the door. Being curious, I went beside him to peek. In one swift move, we open the door, to say I was surprised was an understatement.

" Choi In-ha, What the hell are you doing here?" I faced Secreatry Park. " What is she doing in here?" Pointing my finger at In-ha.

"Oh come yourself  Minji ssi, no need to state my whole name. I heard you are moving for the mean time in LA and I thought why not I come with. You could get home sick and it's better to have a friend in your side, right?" She said while tilting her head to the side, looking at me and placing her pointing finger on her pouted lips.

"Of all the volunters that could have offered, why does it have to be this idiot?" I mumbled to myself and shook my head.

We unpacked everything into our own room. I actually like my room, walls are painted white with dark brown wooden floor, a humble size bathroom, a walk in closet a bit more spacious to accomodate all my things. A king size bed with white cover sheets with brown linings. Sitting on the floor while looking into my emails, In-ah sudenly popped up from no where scaring my soul out of me. She giggled and I scowled at her. "Dinner's ready and sleep after, we need to get up early for school tomorrow." Before walking out of my room she turned and spoke, "Minji, i know you are not my biggest fan and you don't consider me as a close friend like I do to you but if you ever find yourself out of placed or lost, just keep in mind that I am here, okay?"

What she said is true but I don't hate her and she is one of the genuine people I know out there though can be annoying sometimes. I stood up walked towards her and pinched her cheeks with my fingers, stretching her face making her look funny.

"Why the drama? We both know that even if I chase you away with a shovel in hand you would always  come back to annoy me. Besides I'd rather have a nosy honest lass like you than a deceptive lying one. You know I don't tolerate lying." I let go of her cheeks and stared at her.

"So you like me?" she asked while rubing her cheeks. 

"No, I said I tolerate you. Don't  misinterpret my words." Turning my back at her before heading to the bathroom. I glanced at her one more and saw a loopsided smile on her face, making me cringed at her. 

"You like me and you know it, why don't you just admit it." she said in a sing song voice while skiping out of my room. I shook my head and sighed.

"How am I suppose to take it all if that silly creature keeps bugging me" I thought to myself before groaning and closing my eyes.

A/N: Hello friends! Yes I know Minji is boring and cold but there is always a pushing force making somedbody like that. In her case, what could it be? Well,enjoy and please let me hear your thoughts. Bye!