Chapter 39

Squinting my eyes at the harsh light being thrown at me by the window's reflection, I groaned in annoyance as I flipped around to face the other way. However, I only got more annoyed as I smacked myself into the hard warmth curled up beside me that took up the whole bed.

Sighing in defeat, I propped myself onto my right elbow as I rubbed my eyes before taking in the handsome features of my sleeping mate. Though this only elicited another sigh as last night came rushing back to me.

Tears pricked the corners of my eyes but I quickly blinked them away, determined to stay strong throughout this. A part of my wound was cracked back open at meeting my customers' face to face, yes, but at the end of the day it didn't matter. Because I've thrown away the old, malleable and broken down armour I once wore and replaced it with the most shiniest and strongest model. They may be able to create a dent but that was all their pitiful punches would earn them.

Startled from my thoughts by Xavier brushing a piece of hair out my face I matched my stare with his. A warm smile may have been stretched across his face but his eyes read uncertainty with the fear of what would truly happen tonight.

"How are you holding up, Sunshine? I hope they didn't get to you too much." His eyebrows creased as his attention focused on me and nothing else in the world.

I gave him a smile as I brought my own hand up to trace his facial features. "I won't lie, last night took me back to the same state I was in when you first found me. But once they left I only grew more and more excited to kick their asses tonight."

A proud grin greeted me in response as he pressed a chaste kiss to my forehead. "That's my girl."

Basking in the silence of just the two of us for a few minutes, I let out a groan as I glanced at the clock. It was already nine-thirty in the morning, only leaving us with ten and a half hours to strategize and come up with a plan to take those assholes down. "We better head downstairs so we can figure out what to do; I'm sure the others are waiting for us."

Nodding his head Xavier rolled out of the bed as I did the same before we grabbed one another's hand. Walking down the staircase we were met by everyone sitting around the dining table which was covered with food, solemn looks plastered onto their faces. As soon as Mason saw us enter his view he abruptly stood and drew all of the attention to our entry. "Good morning you two. On behalf of all of us Anna, we're so sorry for what you've gone through and we wish we could've helped you sooner. If we'd had known..." Mason trailed off as he lowered his head, looking almost ashamed of himself as everyone else at the table nodded their heads in agreement and followed his actions.

Dragging Xavier closer to them I quickly denied their apologies. "No, you guys have nothing to apologize for. The only people who owe me an apology are the ones who did this to me themselves. I would never expect you guys to have known what I was going through when you weren't even aware of who I was. But thank you all so much for caring." As their grim expressions slowly disappeared I clapped my hands together and exclaimed, "Now let's eat!"

Sitting down with Xavier we all divvied up the food in front of us and began to ate. Silence enveloped us for the first half of the meal but by the second, strategies were being talked of.

"Personally as I've mentioned before, I think what we should do is cut off their dicks and feed them to the rogues." Glancing around with an excited smirk, Xavier rose his eyebrows suggestively stating, "Anybody?"

Rolling her eyes, his mother clearly wasn't impressed with his childish ways. However, that wasn't the general consensus at the table as all of the guys were rapidly nodding their heads and throwing thumbs up signs our way.

Chuckling, I cleared my throat. "All jokes - but somewhat of a good idea - aside, we do seriously need to think of a plan. They said they wanted to go six versus six meaning each of us have to face off with one individual. However, I'm sure we're all aware of the fact that I don't know how to fight at all, nonetheless against a werewolf."