Chapter 36

Standing behind Xavier I had my arms wrapped around his torso, head peaking around his tall stature to look in the mirror. We had made it back to our bedroom after Xavier's tattoo, who was not so patiently waiting for me to let him look at what it was. I wanted it to be shown to him in private because I felt as if this was a special moment for our eyes only.

"Okay, okay you can stop whining. You can open your eyes in... three, two, one!" I exclaimed as his body nearly vibrated with excitement. Xavier's eyes popped right open as he quickly drew his eyes down the side of his neck in the reflection. The second he found it, his breathing seemed to escape him as his eyes widened.

Squeezing him tighter, I was hoping that was a good reaction and not one of disgust at what I had decided on. Placed on the crook of Xavier's neck was a crescent moon, fading from black on the two ends to an ombre in the middle with his beautiful skin tone. Placed along the curve of the moon was an array of sunflowers, ranging from large to small, leaves scattered throughout.

"Do you remember the conversation I had with you around the time I first came here? The one about why I always watched the moon?" I whispered as I locked eyes with Xavier's ocean blue's in the mirror.

A grunt was returned as if he was still blown away at my mark.

"And have you realized that I haven't looked at the moon for a long while now?"

His eyebrows scrunched as he seemed to lose me there, bringing his hand up to rub my own.

"Well that's because I don't need to anymore, Xavier. Because I've found a new moon. My own moon carved for me by the moon goddess herself. You're my new constant presence that never fails to make me feel loved; the only touch you give me is one of caring, like a delicate little sunflower. And you're never going to leave me as we're destined to be together, we complete one another's soul." I let out a gentle sigh of content as I watched Xavier's face turn warm and his jaw slowly drop at my speech. "The sunflowers are to represent that I'm your sunshine, as you like to call me but also the fact that you always treat me as delicate as a flower. You don't rush me to grow nor do you use force as you know I will break. And that has led to the reason why you're my moon. I don't need the one up in the sky when I have one shining right before me at all hours of the day."

He finally turned around and pulled me close into his chest as I beamed up at him. "I love it, Sunshine. I love it so much." He dropped his face down to mine as he passionately kissed me, and before I knew it, he was leading me backwards onto our bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's the night before the Starlight Gala and Andrea and I are running around like chickens with our heads cut off. We need to make sure everything is in order to go smoothly tomorrow or else my first task as a Luna will not paint me in the prettiest of pictures.

In an hour we're to meet with Xavier, Carter, and the mischievous couple known as Mason and Theo for a celebration dinner. We're going to celebrate the completion of Xavier and I's bond along with my official step into being the Luna of the Eclipse Pack. I was very excited to see everyone tonight as these last few weeks have been fairly busy and I haven't seen Mason and Theo for more than a few minutes at a time as of late.

"So the caterer is aware of us wanting double the order of beef and chicken?" I asked Andrea. Apparently when I ordered it I forgot to take into account that werewolves eat twice as much as humans do, especially when it came to their meat. We caught this about a week ago but I wanted to make sure we dotted our i's and crossed our t's.

Nodding her head in response, Andrea shot me a warm smile. "Of course, dear. He said it wasn't an issue at all and he would get right on it for us."