One- James

Fifth year.

Sirius and I arrive at Kings Cross, platform 9 3/4 and instantly I spot the redhead I'm looking for.

"Hello there, Evans" I say, smirking at her, she rolls her eyes "What do you want, Potter?" Asks Marlene Mckinnon, Lily's best friend "just wanted to say Hi to my favourite redhead is all, Mckinnon" i reply "Hello, Potter" says Lily, i set on an easy small "you've said hi, off you go" says Marlene "Mar, it's alright" says Lily smiling "See you at school I guess" i state, Lily nods and turns back to Marlene and I watch as Molly Prewett join them, Arthur Weasley at her side.

I sigh, this is gonna be my damn year to get Lily Evans to be my girl and soon my wife. "I'm assuming it was a solid rejection yet again, Prongs" says Sirius "Well, if Marlene bloody Mckinnon wasn't always up Lily's ass maybe I'd get a good shot" I reply flustered. Sirius chuckles and shakes his head "Come on, Marlene isn't all too bad" says Sirius

"Just because she's your ex" I retort, Sirius grimaces "what's up, Pads? Regretting your choice in women?" I ask, Sirius smirks "you wish" he replies, I roll my eyes. "Alright Prongs, Padfoot" says the all too familiar voice of Remus Lupin, better known to us as Moony, we all thought it was rather creative given that he's a werewolf and transforms every full moon. We came up with those nicknames near the end of first year and they just kind of stuck, that's when we all agreed Sirius, Peter and I would all try to become animagi.

"Alright, Moony?" I ask, smirking, he pulls both Sirius and I into a bone crushing hug "Hello" squeaks Peter Pettigrew, the odd one out of the bunch but we keep him around mainly because I feel sorry for the poor bugger. He wouldn't have any friends otherwise.

"Tried to get with Lily yet or are you saving that for when we actually get to Hogwarts?" Asks Remus teasingly, I playfully shove him "He tried but Marlene got all defensive apparently" replies Sirius, Remus tsks "It'll never happen, James" says Remus, I shake my head at him "ah see this is where you are wrong my dear Moons, because I assure you that Lily Evans will soon be Lily Potter, I bet you a hundred chocolate frogs" I state confidently "that's a lot of frogs, Prongs" says Remus "Nope because I won't have to pay my bet, Moony" i retort

Both Sirius and Remus roll their eyes before we all board the Hogwarts Express. The train I absolutely adore considering it takes me to the place I love so dearly. One day I'll have a son or daughter and they'll love Hogwarts just as much as I do and they'll be so excited to board the train. I can see it now, Lily and I side by side smiling as our child boards the Hogwarts Express for the first time excited and completely unbeknownst to the wonders of Hogwarts itself. It'll happen.

"So, been up to much this summer?" I ask as we finally manage to find a compartment. Peter sits next to me and Remus and Sirius sit next to each other. I can't help but notice a sort of...tension between them. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it all. I don't care anyway.

"No not really" replies Remus, Peter nods in agreement although he probably spent the summer with a book in his face. As smart as Remus is, Peter is always the quiet one reading. At least Remus will partake in pranks.

"I spent the summer with you, Prongs" states Sirius "well done, Pads, I never noticed" I reply sarcastically, rolling mu eyes at him, he pokes his tongue out "the question was meant for Moony and Wormtail" I state, Sirius waves me off.

"Anything from the trolley? Anything from the trolley?" Yells the trolley witch as always. She stops by our compartment and smiles "Anything from the trolley dears?" Asks the trolley witch, we all smile and nod "I'll have a pack of Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans please" I state, the witch smiles and nods, handing me the sweets as I hand her the money "I'll have a pumpkin pasty please" says Peter nervously "I'll have a packet of droobles please" states Remus and finally she turns to Sirius "I'll have a chocolate frog please" says Sirius.