Twenty-Four

Camera (Part 2)

Jeongyeon is having a mental breakdown. She can't think straight and the thought of her being fired off of her work is something she isn't ready. What if not? That's too impossible to happen. But she hadn't done anything wrong? Jeongyeon bit the side of her cheeks.

"Will you sit down for a minute? You're making me dizzy." Seungyeon called her attention. She had been walking back and forth for a long time. She hadn't even eaten breakfast after the news came out.

Jeongyeon scurried through, not being able to hear what her sister said. She's going to lose it anytime.

"What should I do, unnie?" She asked, worried to the core.

She can't just lose a job of her being at fault, which in the first place was never her doing. It pains her, for the first time, she found a suitable job for her with excellent salary. She can't just lose it like that. Maybe she went out of the line. Maybe she's a little irresponsible for staying outside her boundaries. But she hadn't done anything. Or had she?

"I can't just let this go, Seungyeon-ah." Jeongyeon muttered, dropping the formality between them. "What would the people think? They would hate me for sure!"

Seungyeon pursed her lips.

"I warned you before. Working with celebrities will be a pain in the ass."

"You know I have no other choice. Who would take the bait then? Mom? Dad? I am more suitable of the job and I have to make a living, at least!"

Seungyeon softly nodded, remembering how Jeongyeon was persistent before. She was eager to have a job. She can't do anything but to let her do the work.

"Tell them the truth, Jeongyeonie. That's all that matters."

"Is it enough?" Jeongyeon asked back which cause a frown on her sister's face. "Yes. You had warned me months ago. But unnie, telling the truth isn't enough. You told me, companies push their artist to lie for the sake of saving the artists' reputation. It will not make a difference."

"It's BigHit. They don't make their artists lie. They will be more considerate."

"And that's Bangtan Seonyeondan." Jeongyeon sternly said. "They will do everything to save their asses."

"What will you do then?" Seungyeon softly asked her, having no concrete reason to have a petty argument at the moment. She knows her sister is a smart woman. And she works inside the K-pop industry, Jeongyeon knows better than her.

Jeongyeon shrugged her shoulders in defeat.

"I-I don't know. I just have to wait to be fired, I guess?" Jeongyeon ruffled her hands with her hair. "I don't know Seungyeon-ah." She heaved a deep audible sigh.

Suddenly, in the midst of their conversation, a soft beep swept the room. Jeongyeon hurried over the bedtable where her phone is. It was messages from their group chat with her fellow make-up artists. The sight of the continuous notifications almost made her stomach drop. They were photos. A lot of photos.

"Ya, what happened?" Seungyeon asked when she saw her bewildered expression.

Jeongyeon didn't answer. She scrolled through her phone and read the messages of her fellow workers, showing tremendous concern to her. They said, an unknown site was releasing the said photos she's seeing now and was circling the internet in a massive rate. They were adding fuel to the fire, Jeongyeon thought. Had they planned to ruin her career? Of whoever was behind all of this?

She was gazing through the pictures. Ones that were captured during the night her and Jimin was seen outside the KBS building. The ones that were in the article she read earlier.