07 | COOK IT UP AND MAKE YOU EAT IT

Click ⭐ to vote

════════════════════════

Noah

Years of forming an exterior hardcover around me, I had started to have minimal emotions. On good days, I wouldn't have any—that's how it is. The blank, void, empty body just covered up with flesh.

But...that girl did something. Unconsciously, she tried to break the hard walls and when I realized that I allowed it too, I knew I had to something.

You may act like you are made of steel but in actuality, you are made of glass—fragile and weak.

The words she said to me did no effect on me; she wanted to slap me I know. But the look on her face after I said those words was enough to pierce my flesh.

I was the one who invited her—more like got her—to come to my place. I was the one who cooked for her and I cook for no one. Heck, only after I met her, I went myself to talk to her friends; I don't do the friends shit but I did.

Bella hadn't done anything; she just slipped down from my bike that is high above her waist—I should have helped her.

Did I? No.

I am an asshole.

I should have reminders of that, instead of alarms, in the mornings.

"Noah," Aditya, my best friend, snaps me out of my thoughts. "Why, the heck, are you here? I don't mind but there's always a reason."

"Because I want to," I answer, curtly. He looks at me with his analyzing gaze and I look back at him with blankness.

After that little incident, I came to Adi's place to stay the night. Adi's right; I always do come here whenever something happens. It happens so much that his guest room has practically become my room.

I wonder why his Mum has not ever kicked me out with how many times I arrive here at late night.

I am just lying on the bed, trying to sleep. I scoff, internally; sleep and I don't get along—pretty much like most of the human population and I don't get along.

"Alrighty," Adi sits on the chair of the desk, near the bed. "Let's rewind all the events that happened, today."

"Will take some time," I mutter, looking up at the ceiling.

"Do not get ahead of yourself, Noah," He huffs out. "If it is not for ignoring people, you absolutely do nothing in a day. You are a lousy person, that's for sure, except when you play football."

"What an outstanding observation," I mutter, sarcastically.

"Oh my god," Adi groans. "I am your best friend—"

"Not like you gave me a choice."

"—Just tell me!" Adi completes, giving me a look.

"I will tell you," I turn to him. "Go to your room and sleep."

"No," Adi says, stubbornly. "I am getting to the bottom of—" He looks at me, wide-eyed. "You took Iris to your place."

I run my hand through my hair and look away. "What about it?"

"It has to be about Iris and you."

No answer and more silence stretch between us.

"You are—" Adi stops himself since he can't curse in the house; his Mum has really sharp ears. "—a donkey-hole."