03 | DETENTION AND HAPPINESS

Click ⭐ to vote

════════════════════════

Iris

Yesterday's ride home was one of the random yet funniest rides ever. I got to know a lot of things about the guys. Augustus has a serious and mature vibe attached to him except for the collection of fluffy flip flops he owns while Sam is more of a going with the flow guy except for the philosophical things he says.

During the ride, Sam kept on flirting with me while Augustus kept on stopping him with his death glare. I just was laughing with the cheesy lines Sam tried to woo me with. In the end, we all three were singing out to one song till an old man yelled at us for being so loud.

So, yeah, it was really good.

"You do know that Caleb has a crush on Ava, right?" Colt asks me with wide eyes. "You shouldn't tell him Ava's dating."

"I wouldn't if I don't catch him doing any—"

"Mmmm...." I hear a girl moan against –

"Oh God, burn my eyes. Burn my eyes, right this moment!" I say, closing my eyes.

First, I wake up to a cloudy morning, and now, my cousin is making out with some cheerleader, near the pillar, so vigorously that I swear in three seconds they would eat each other up.

Not kidding.

"Caleb, it is morning, man!" Colt says. I don't even need to see his expression; I can feel that he is irritated too.

"Ava's dating someone!" I tell Caleb, eyes still closed. 

I hear Colt hiss and I kind of cringe too but I know it was needed. To save us from the PDA happening in front of us.

"What?" Caleb says, breathlessly and loudly. I hear the sound of heels strutting away from us and I take this my cue to open my eyes. "No. No. No. You are lying, Iris, right? Tell me you are lying!"

He starts shaking me by my shoulders.

"I swear Caleb, I will—" I say, pulling away from him when a sophomore girl sighs really loud near us.

"Oh, damn. He is so hot that I don't even need an oven to heat my meal," She says to her group, again sighing.

"That's some claim." Caleb scoffs out but when he turns in the direction of their sight. "Of course." He scowls.

"That's Noah Radcliffe," Colt tells me, gesturing.

I turn and I just want to curse out my fate or life—or whatever you call this.

Noah Radcliffe is Stupid.

No, no. I mean the stupid I met yesterday.

Noah Radcliffe is walking down the hallway as normal as any kid but the stares he is receiving just make the scene pop out of a movie. He has worn a white plain t-shirt, under his black leather jacket and jeans with black vans shoes.

When his gaze falls on me, his lips lift into a smirk, and almost immediately, I roll my eyes. Moving past the staring crowd, I go towards my locker.

"Hey, Noah." I hear Colt say to him. "Long time, no see?"

"Fuck off, Dias," Stupid replies back.

"Attitude, much?" I mutter, looking through my books in the locker.

"Radcliffe," Caleb says.

"Wallace," He replies and I hear a long shadow looming near me. "Bella," Stupid says, leaning next to my locker as I keep some of my books.