54 | A TRIP BACK TO MEMORIES

Click ⭐ to vote

════════════════════════

Noah

A hot shower had always cleared my mind. But, today, it isn't effective as it should have been. The last three hours, after I woke up, are a blur to me. I don't know what I was doing or how I was doing them. For all I know, I am ready and have walked into Bella's room.

When I enter, I see her leaning against her dressing table, putting something on her eyes—ah, mascara. She has worn a white tank top with pink shorts and has her hair wrapped in a blue towel. I would've commented something to make her blush but then, don't as she is concentrating on her eyes.

Hearing my steps, she turns towards me and her eyes widen. "Noah, I am not—"

I give her a quick smile, standing beside her. "We still have a few hours."

"Oh, thank goodness," She sighs and looks down at the mascara. She puts the wand back into the tube, before turning towards me completely.

She says, "Noah, are you sure about it?"

Going to Nottingham, my homeplace wasn't on the plan with Bella. I'd known a moment would come where either of us has to mention it but actually going there? It would've been a yes over my dead arse.

But what happened last night just reminds me how important this trip down memory lane will be.

I sigh, pushing back my hair. "Bella—"

She gives me a hard look. "Noah, no need to do this because my ex called me and told me how dumb we are together—heck, the guy literally lied about his mother's accident. Taking in his word is like eating beans—tasteless and unnecessary."

"Beans?" I grin at her analogy, trying to lighten her up.

"Noah," She frowns. "You shouldn't be forced to tell me about your past."

"I am not," I tell her, softly, "I am not being forced, Iris, I swear. I want to tell you—I have always wanted to tell you. Yes, yes," I gulp. 

"It is hard to but I can climb the fucking Everest for you," I add a smile in the end.

She rolls her eyes. "I cannot back you out of this, can I?"

"Did I back you out of the cheerleading that day?"

"That's different."

I tilt my head. "Is it really about my past or going to Nottingham?"

"What? What are you talking about?" She blinks, feigning innocence. I raise my brows, and she sighs. "Okay, I might be a little nervous. I mean it is your birthplace—I really don't know what I signed up for!"

I chuckle and she glares at me. "Noah, I am serious."

I smile at her, taking her hand in mine. "What you are signing up is a tour. The tour to the best places in Nottingham."

She raises a brow and I continue, "We will take long walks and travel in the Trams. We can go to theatres and watch performances you will talk about and I will just listen. Then, we can have a date in a small yet simple place—something you would love and I bet they bake really good cupcakes. At last, we will have two options to take a cruise ride over the Trent or watch a drive-in movie."

Before kissing her hand, I whisper to her, "I recommend the movie, even though I am not interested in the movie, only with whom I will see it."

I wink and she blushes, looking away. Then, I add, "On the plus side, you will meet my grandmother."