45 | GIVE THE MA A HUG

Click ⭐ to vote

════════════════════════

Noah

"Stop acting like you are the villain in my story and making me believe that you are a monster."

My gloved fists hit the punching bag.

"And, right now, I don't feel happy neither do you."

Eyeing the bag, I take a step back.

"We. Us. This needs to stop."

I hit harder, faster. Again, and again. To the point that I can feel the stings in my hands. I welcome it, all the pain, anger, frustration... hurt—anything that makes me get out of the numbing state, I have been for hours.

So, this is it. Back to the square with broken heart, all the pieces dropped onto the places I can't reach. But I have to—I need to. I need to feel something. If I do not, I would not be able to come back again and that scares me.

I wish therapy helped but I have been through a lot of them to know the assholes just wanting a load of money from it. Heck, some even break legal confidential contracts and reveal the information to the media.

"Noah!"

At the frantic voice of Adi, I lose my focus on the punching bag and thus, get slapped in the face by it.

"Figlio di puttana!"

I quickly hold the bag, before it can damage my face furthermore. I put my head on it, breathing out, as the world seems blurry and vague at the moment. I turn my head slightly with my eyes closed.

"Why the—?" I start, irritated.

"The other side."

"—the fuck, Aditya, would you do that?" I finish, turning towards him.

"You were bleeding—how else would I have stopped that?" He questions back.

I let out a sigh. "You could have called the instructor to stop."

"Uh..." He trails off. I, slowly, open my eyes to glance at him. "Who is the instructor, again?"

I roll my eyes and pull myself away from the bag.

Most of the time, when things stress me out, I come to a gym that is in a not a very friendly neighborhood in the outskirts of the town. The gym is just a hint of the neighborhood.

Adi looks around the gym, rocking on his heels. He hates the place—probably because the first time he came here, he almost fainted. So, I never try to get him to this place but here, he is.

I look at one of the trainers, Miles, standing near the freezer. "Miles, can you pass me—" Miles throws the ice-pack towards me without any word said. Catching it, I say, "Grazia."

Adi notices this when Miles gives me a thumbs up. "Is this why you choose to go to this gym?"

"What do you mean?" I sit down on one of the benches and put the ice pack on my cheek.

"Because nobody here knows you?" I lean back and observe him. He narrows his eyes at me. "Your gym bag says Arthur, instead of Noah."

I smile, slightly. "You are smart, you know that?"

"One of my many talents." Adi smiles but sighs. "It is almost evening—let's go home."

"Is it?" I switch on my phone and check the time. 7:16 pm. I stand up, shocked. "Cazzo, Mum must be worri—"