05 | NOT A-LIE-SHA, CALL HER GINGER

Click ⭐ to vote

════════════════════════

Iris

"I need another hot bath," I groan, stretching myself a bit, as I walk out of the dance room. "When did practice get so tiring?"

"Since you and Keisuke became the captain," Justin points out. "Also, it is nationals," Justin says, smiling.

"Exactly, babe. What do you expect?" Juliet says, grinning.

"Hey, don't pin this on us," Keisuke gestures between me and him and I agree.

Justin and Juliet, the 'it' couple of our dance team, and Keisuke have been three of my dancer acquaintances since the starting of high school. Justin and Juliet, both of them, are in the group routine for nationals while Keisuke and I are doing solos.

"Just saying," Justin says, holding up his hands in mock surrender.

"So, we meet for practice on Saturday at Julio's studio, right?" I ask, looking at them. Juliet groans, putting her head on Justin, while Keisuke nods, excitedly.

"Obvio, Iris," He replies to me.

"You both just proved our point," Juliet tells us. "Well, anyway, we should go. It's—"

"Making out time?" Keisuke says in and I don't hold back my laugh. Justin smiles, shrugging, as if saying, 'can't help it' while Juliet narrows her eyes at Keisuke.

"You fuc—I am going to—"

"Okay," Justin holds back Juliet as she almost jumps on Keisuke while Keisuke takes shelter behind me which is a stupid decision given that I am few inches shorter than him. As Juliet and Keisuke start to banter, my eyes fall on the leather jacket guy leaning near his motorbike—bad boy, much?

With the way his wet hair strands are glittering under the soft light of the sun, I know he has come from showering after practice. As if he feels me staring, he looks up and meets my eyes. Since I have got his attention, I hold up a finger and mouth to him, 'Wait'

It doesn't take me more than five seconds, after bidding a bye to Justin, Juliet, and Keisuke, to reach him.

"Hey," I say to him, holding my bag on my shoulders. 

"If you are thinking to say—"

"Is this Triumph Street Twin?" I say, trailing my fingers on Noah's motorbike. He pauses for a moment as if not expecting me to say that. When I look at him, he clears his throat and looks away.

"Yes, I got him on my 15th birthday. His name is TS," He says with a slight English accent.

"Wait, when did you turn to be English, huh?" I ask him, surprised, turning to look at him.

"Since I was born in Britain and lived there for the most part of my life," He says, slowly, narrowing his eyes at me. 

I nod and say, changing the topic, "You are coming to my place and I am not taking no for an answer."

"Look, Bella," He starts, straightening up. "Your cousin clearly has some problem with me, apart from football, and I am not looking for any trouble. It will be good if I don't."

I look at him, straight in his amber eyes, and reply, "Didn't take you as a type who actually care about what people think."

"I," He says, stepping closer to me. "do not give a fuck about what people say or think about me."