Chapter 189

A silence fell upon them all as Jenna and Sirius stood there still, frozen on the spot as they stared back at one another wordlessly. But the silence was broken whrn they heard Harry's cries from upstairs.

"I — I'll go get him," said Lily, leaving the kitchen with a knowing glance at James.

"I... um... I'll come with you," James said awkwardly and followed Lily upstairs to give the two some privacy.

"Sirius..." Jenna breathed out after long seconds, finally daring to speak now that they were alone. "I'm so sor—"

But she was cut off when Sirius flung forward and in a quick motion grabbed a hold of either sides of her face, pressing his lips down against hers.

Overwhelmed by emotions, Jenna's tears started to stream down as she clutched onto Sirius's shirt, pulling him closer to her if that was even possible, leaving no space between them.

When they finally pulled away to catch their breaths, Sirius placed his forehead against hers with his eyes still close as he panted heavily.

"Y-you're okay... you're here..." Sirius whispered shakily, his lips slightly trembling as he planted a small kiss on her head and wrapped his arms around her, embracing her.

"Sirius, I'm so sorry I left like that —"

"It's okay," Sirius broke her off, placing a hand either side of her cheeks, looking deep into her eyes. "All that matters is that you're here now."

"And I won't leave ever again... I promise..." she whispered, going on tiptoes to kiss him softly again. "Stay with me?"

"Of course, Jenny." Sirius smiled, placing a strand of her brown hair behind her ear. "And I won't ever let you leave again."

After long minutes of staying there alone in the kitchen and sitting around the table while Jenna explained everything to him with their hands laced with one another, she finally said,

"Let's go upstairs to Lily and James," she suggested. "I really miss Harry. Haven't seen him six months."

"Yeah, all right." Sirius nodded and took her hand in his, leading her upstairs into Harry's room, where Lily and James were.

"Hello." Jenna sighed admirably as she saw Harry wide awake in Lily's arms.

"Here," said Lily with a smile, handing Harry to her.

"Oh, my... look how much you've grown!" Jenna chuckled. "Your aunt really missed you. Have you forgotten me already?"

"He's only one, Jen." Lily giggled.

"Has he said his first words yet?" Jenna asked, her eyes still on little Harry.

"Well, I was trying to get him to say 'Prongs', but he's only got 'mamma' and 'padfoo' first," said James, making Sirius and Jenna to laugh lightly.

"That's cause he loves his Godfather," said Sirius, his lips twitched up into a handsome grin.

But the only one who didn't look happy in the slightest was Lily. She had thrown down her gaze, her eyes glimmering with tears.

"What is it, Lil?" Jenna asked worriedly, frowning slightly.

"Oh, Jen... I... I don't know if you've heard or not... but..." Lily tried to say, avoiding her gaze. "But Marlene — she's —"

"I know..." Jenna muttered. "I've heard."

Lily now burst out into tears as James wrapped an arm around his wife's shoulder comfortingly, trying to calm her down.

"I-I'm sorry..." Lily said between sobs. "I know it's been m-months... but I-I can't... I c-can't believe she's gone..."

Jenna nodded, holding back her own tears as she whispered, "Yeah... me neither..."

       There was a long pause before James turned to face Jenna, saying, "I still can't believe you did that."

      "What?"

      "You made a big risk tonight, saving me like that," he said. "What if they'd got a hold of you too? And not to mention changing yourself like that! The Aurors saw you in Death Eaters' robes. They're gonna think you're one of them now!"

       "Look, I couldn't have fought in another person's form. It would've taken too much of my power. Besides," Jenna smiled, moving forward to hug her brother from the side, "I'd rather die than to see you hurt."

***

When Sirius and Jenna returned back to their flat, Jenna finally felt at ease after many months of longing, of sleeping in a bed that wasn't her.

"I missed it here..." she said as she walked into their bedroom, talking mostly to herself.

"And I missed you here," Sirius whispered, wrapping his arms around her from behind, placing a soft kiss on her neck.

Jenna let a smile form on her lips as she turned around in his arms, facing him before leaning in and pressing her lips against his.

"Oh, I just remembered!" Sirius exclaimed as he pulled away and so dug into his pocket, taking something out.

Jenna's stomach lurched in guilt as she looked at her engagement ring which she had left behind.

"Jenna Potter," Sirius started, his smile widening, "You were my first kiss, and I want you to be my last. So will you marry me, this time for real?"

Jenna laughed, pressing a hand against her lips. "Yes."

Sirius grinned broadly, taking her hand and putting the ring back on her finger, pressing his lips down on hers and bringing her into a more passionate kiss this time, deepening it by each passing moment.

"How about Christmas?" he asked breathlessly, his lips still brushing slightly against hers.

"What?"

"We can get married this Christmas!" Sirius said delightfully, smiling down at her with a happy glimmer in his eyes. "Or even sooner, if you like."

Jenna smiled back. "Christmas would be great."

"And we can get married at sunset!" Sirius went on with a brightness in his voice that he hadn't used ever since Jenna had left. "And we can even have enchanted birds singing at the ceremony!"

Jenna laughed. "Excited, are we?"

"What can I say..." Sirius shrugged, grinning handsomely. "I've waited long enough."

And then, before Jenna knew what was happening, Sirius had taken a hold of both her thighs, picking her up and slamming her up against the wall behind them.

Jenna gasped at the sudden move, but she wrapped her legs around his waist all the same and leaned in, bringing him into a kiss.

She didn't know for how long they were there, lost in the passionate moment, but she could tell that Sirius was growing impatient when he finally put her down, deepening the kiss as his hands traveled down her body.

The moment they pulled away for air, she took the opportunity and grabbed onto the hem of his shirt, pulling it off it a quick motion.

"Missed me this much?" Sirius smirked down at her.

"Very much." Jenna grinned, pushing him back toward the bed with their lips still connected together, their bodies moving in sync after months and months of longing.