Chapter 104

Throughout the next few weeks, James tried to avoid going in the same room where Sirius and Jenna were sitting close to each other, and they were glad that he was finally leaving them alone.

Jenna always favored Transfigurations among her classes for personal reasons. But she sure enjoyed their next lesson the most, when they had gotten to human transformation.

While everyone was trying hard to change the color of their eyebrows, Jenna was sitting comfortably in her chair, grinning.

"Miss Potter, would you join me up front, please?" said McGonagall, looking at Jenna and so she stood up, walking toward her. "Will you please show the class how it's supposed to be done?"

Jenna nodded and turned her face toward the rest of the students, but instead of changing her eyebrows' color, she turned her nose into a pig snout, making everyone laugh.

"Potter!" McGonagall snapped sharply and Jenna immediately changed it back, trying to hold back a snort.

As the weeks passed, Jenna continued with Dumbledore's lessons, hoping that he wouldn't find out about how she had told Sirius about it, which gave her motivation to block him out of her head even more.

Unfortunately for her, Jenna had now reached a stage in Occlumency where that she had to be on guard 24/7, which had caused her lose focus, leading to their loss in the next Quidditch game against Hufflepuff.

Sirius kept trying to convince her that it wasn't her fault she didn't spot the Snitch this time, and that it was normal to lose sometimes. But Jenna wasn't having it, being in a foul mood for the rest of March.

But Sirius finally managed to cheer her up as her seventeenth birthday arrived.

      That day, Jenna had decided to spend her time with Lily, Marlene, and Alice as always, finally convincing Lily to forget studying for the day. But at night, they joined James and his three friends in the Great Hall for dinner, celebrating their birthday together.

Although Sirius soon stood up from his seat, causing everyone's heads to turn on him. "Ready to go, Jenny?"

"Yup," Jenna said happily, standing up as well.

"Wait — where are you going?" James asked Sirius, frowning. "You can't leave me! It's my birthday!"

"Yeah, but it's Jenna's birthday too." Sirius shrugged.

"But you always used to spend my birthdays with me!" James retorted.

"Sorry, Prongs," said Sirius with a grin, "but I'd rather spend it with her. She's way prettier than you."

"Now that's not true," said James jokingly, holding up his spoon and observing his reflection in it, making Lily chuckle.

Sirius shook his head at her friend in disbelief before holding onto Jenna's hand, leading her out of the Great Hall.

"Where are we going again?" she asked amusingly as they walked across the deserted halls while Sirius kept his eyes on the Marauders Map.

"Hogsmeade," Sirius answered with a scant smile. "Promised you some Fire Whiskey, didn't I?"

Jenna wanted to ask him how they were supposed to sneak out of the castle without anyone noticing, but before she could get the chance to, Sirius stopped by the statue of the One-eyed Witch.

"Watch and learn, Jenny." He then took out his wand and pointed it at it, saying, "Dissendium!"

       On cue, the hump on the witch's statue opened up to reveal a secret passageway, which was so long that it seemed endless.

"Woah," Jenna said in awe and so they walked through it along side Sirius.

     After what felt like hours, they finally reached the end of it. Sirius informed her how this was an entrance to Honeydukes. And so using James's invisibility cloak which Sirius had nicked, they finally managed to get to Hogsmeade.

As they reached Three Broomsticks, Sirius took the invisibility cloak off them. He then went and opened the pub's door, gesturing Jenna to go inside. The place was less crowded that Jenna had ever seen it, only a few people inside it.

     The moment Madam Rosmerta spotted them, her smile widened and she walked toward them happily.

"Hello, Sirius," she beamed at him. "Sneaking out of school again, are we? Where is your other half?"

"James couldn't make it today," said Sirius. "But I've got a birthday girl here with me."

"Ooh," said the young woman, her eyes falling on Jenna. "Then first round's on the house."

"Make it Fire Whiskey, then." He grinned, winking at her.

"Oh, you..." Madam Rosmerta laughed, patting him on the cheek before going toward the bar.

"We always get free Butterbeer when we sneak off here," said Sirius cheerfully as they sat down behind a table in the corner, taking off their coats.

"No wonder you're always so good with her," said Jenna, chuckling.

       "So how does it feel, being seventeen?" Sirius asked, leaning back on his chair coolly.

      "Can't believe I'm finally of age. And I most certainly can't wait to be able to use magic at home," she said earnestly. "Mum can't bully me into helping her set the dinner table with hand anymore."

"Knowing your mother, she definitely can — Oh, thank you, Rosmerta," said Sirius as the young witch returned with two glasses of Fire Whiskey in her hands and set them before them.

"Ooh," Jenna smiled excitedly, holding her glass up. "To never having to help in the kitchen without magic!"

        "Out of all the things you could've given a toast to..." Sirius shook his head but then laughed and raised his glass as well. "Cheers."

       And with that, Jenna took a large sip of the Fire Whiskey, only to nearly spit it out again in disgust. "Ugh!"

Sirius laughed at her expression. "Yeah, that happens the first time."