Chapter 99

The practice ended there and everyone went to the changing rooms. Although Lily and Jenna tried to help James up to get him to hospital wing, meanwhile Sirius made fun of him all the way up there.

"Oh, I died! It killed me!" said Sirius in a mocking lofty voice, making fainting gestures.

"Haha," said James flatly, glaring him and then at Jenna, who snorted with laughter.

Once they got him to the ward, Madam Pomfrey rushed forward to help him on one of the beds.

"I don't think I've ever had anyone in here more than you, Mr. Potter," she said with a sigh, preparing a potion. "Why do you keep injuring yourself?"

"Because he's a terrible flyer," said Jenna with a grin, receiving another deadly look from her brother.

"Here, drink up," said Madam Pomfrey, handing James the potion. "You'll be good to go in an hour." And with that, she left to attend to her other patients.

"Ugh..." James grimaced at the taste of the potion and when he was done drinking it, he put it down on the nightstand next to his bed.

"You feeling better?" Lily asked softly, looking at him worriedly.

"Yeah, it was nothing," said James coolly, shaking a hand at her reassuringly.

"That's not what you said back there," said Sirius with a smirk before mocking him again in a high tone, "Am I dead? Oh, I'm dead!"

"It did hit him hard!" Lily retorted, catching everyone off guard. "You wouldn't have been any better if it were you."

Jenna grinned and opened her mouth to joke about her standing up for James all of a sudden, but something stopped her.

Turning her glance on her brother, she saw that James was looking at Lily with love and affection glimmering in his eyes, and Jenna was sure she had never seen him smile this happily before.

***

The sixth years were wrong to think that after passing their O.W.L examinations, they'd feel more at ease with studying.

Because as the weeks passed, they were faced with more and more homework and studies, which they could hardly keep up with.

The only two people who seemed to be catching up easily with them were James and Lily, who spent most of their time in the library, shockingly to study together.

Sirius was worried for his friend, thinking that James had gone sick for turning down an opportunity to prank Regulus and his Slytherin friends.

So he tried to rely on leisure time with Jenna at times when he didn't want to join James in the library.

That day, Jenna was sitting in the common room alone for her free period, seeing as Alice and Marlene had gone down to divination, while Lily and James were again in the library, accompanied by Peter and Remus.

Walking down the boys' dormitory, Sirius's smile widened as he saw Jenna crawled up on the couch in front of the fireplace, watching the dancing flames in the silence.

So with a grin playing at the edge of his lips, he went forward and covered Jenna's eyes from behind.

She yelped from shock and nearly jumped off the couch, but Sirius held his hands over her eyes and said in a mockingly love-dovey voice, "Guess who?"

"Ugh," Jenna groaned to herself. "Are you serious?"

"Correct!" Sirius said happily, removing his hands and leaning down, placing a kiss on her cheek as she laughed.

"You scared the hell out of me, you idiot!"

"I was trying to be a sweet boyfriend!"

"You know," Jenna started, watching Sirius take the seat next to her on the couch, "for someone who's trying to seem cool, you're really really lame."

Sirius gasped. "How dare you!?"

"And not to mention an absolute man child."

"You take that back, Potter!" said Sirius, narrowing his eyes down at her dramatically.

"Nope." Jenna shook her head at him stubbornly.

"You better apologize."

"I won't, because I'm not sorry."

"Oh, you'll be sorry alright," Sirius muttered darkly before suddenly tackling her on the couch and Jenna shrieked with laughter as he started tickling her.

She was laid on down the couch, trying to fight Sirius off her while he was on top of her as she laughed.

Thinking of a way to get him to stop, in a quick motion Jenna wrapped her arms around his neck and caught him off guard as she pulled him down for a deep kiss.

Sirius stopped in his tracks and the next moment melted into it, pressing his body down on her and deepening the kiss even more.

When he pulled away, Sirius looked like he was in a trance as he stared down at a fixed spot, not even blinking.

"Sirius?" said Jenna, but he seemed too dazed to be able to hear her. "Sirius!"

"What?" He shook his head, looking down at her.

"Do you still want an apology?"

Sirius blinked at her a few times in confusion. "For what?"

Jenna giggled, shaking her head at him in disbelief before bringing him down for another kiss.

But just then, an idea popped into Jenna's head to take revenge on him for scaring her. And so, she focused and transformed her face into someone else's.

When Sirius felt her lips shift underneath his uncomfortably, he opened his eyes, only to shriek in horror as he saw Filch's face. "AAARGH!" he yelled, falling off the couch.

Jenna roared with laughter as she changed her face back and watched him get off the ground, his eyes widened and his whole body shaking.

"WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU!?" he bellowed, his face sweating. "THAT WASN'T FUNNY!"

But Jenna only laughed harder.

Just then, the common room door opened and Peter and Remus walked in. Sirius then shook his head and shuddered, running up to his dorm as he mumbled to himself.

"What just happened?" Remus asked, watching Sirius disappear off to the boy's dormitory.

Jenna grinned. "Let's just say he's gonna have a rough night trying to fight off the nightmares."