Chapter 73

The words had barely left James's mouth that the next moment, writings started forming on the blank parchment. And when Jenna looked down, it read,

Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs
Purveyors of Aids to Magical Mischief-Makers
are proud to present
THE MARAUDER'S MAP

      "Wicked!" Jenna gasped in awe, taking the parchment out of James's hands to observe it better.

      She the opened it and her jaw slightly dropped as she saw the entire map of Hogwarts in her hands, with small moving dots over it.

     When she payed a closer attention to it, she saw one of the dots with a name above it, written Peeves.

     "Hang on — does this map show —"

     "Everyone," James completed her. "And it shows exactly where they are."

     "This is ingenious!" she exclaimed. "So how do you hide it?"

     "Easy." James shrugged, raising his wand and saying, "You just have to tap on it again and say Mischief Managed!"

***

The next morning, Mr. Potter had managed to get a Ministry Car to get them all to King's Cross station.

That day, as Jenna looked at herself in the mirror before joining the others in the yard, she had turned her hair a light shade of lavender for a change.

Mickey had already taken her trunk outside, so Jenna just took her wand and placed it in her pocket, running downstairs.

"Okay, I'm ready," she called out, jumping the last two stairs at once and making her way toward the door.

"Pretty hair, Jenny," said Sirius with handsome grin, winking at her charmingly.

"Thanks," said Jenna, smiling.

But by that, when Sirius turned around, he caught James raising a brow at him with a stern face.

"What?" Sirius rolled his eyes. "I just said she had pretty hair! It's a normal thing to say, Prongs. You have pretty hair too!"

"If you say so..." James gave him a glance and walked on, still not looking convinced.

Soon, the three of them got in the Ministry Car along with Mr. and Mrs. Potter, driving to London. As they got to King's Cross station, they pushed their trolleys around until they reached platform nine and ten.

      "Go on, Jenna," said Mr. Potter, nodding at her.

      Jenna took a firm hold on her trolley and ran towards the barrier, and moments later, she found herself in platform 9 3/4.

     As she moved forward and turned to look back, she saw that her parents followed her shortly after James and Sirius and came into the platform.

     "Can't believe it's your sixth year already," said Mr. Potter in a hollow voice.

     "To be honest, I thought James's hair would stand a little bit tidier by the time he would be this old," said Mrs. Potter with a regretful sigh.

     She then moved forward and reached out for his hair, trying to flatten it a bit more. "Now if I could just get it to stand still—"

     "Mum, stop!" James groaned, dodging away from Mrs. Potter's hands as she grinned at him.

     "Now, be good, children," said Mrs. Potter, taking turn in hugging each of them and Mr. Potter scoffed. "Or at least... as good as you lot could ever get."

      "Welp... Guess this is it," said Fleamont, going forward and firstly brining Jenna into a hug. "Goodbye, Captain. The cup's ours this year. I can feel it."

     He grinned, nudging Jenna in the arm playfully and she giggled. But when he went to bid James and Sirius goodbye, the train whistled and they knew it was time to go.

     So he quickly patted them on the shoulder as they bid Mr. and Mrs. Potter goodbye, running towards the train and getting on.

They kept by the window, waving at them until the train started on and took speed, eventually leaving the station.

Before they could go and find themselves seats, Jenna saw Remus walking over through the train's and smiled at him.

They all greeted him until James's eyes fell upon Peter, who was trying to look through the compartments at the end of the corridor, looking lost and confused.

"Look, there's Wormtail. How can he not spot us from there? We're literally at the end of the same corridor," said James, shaking his head at him. "Oh, bless him. C'mon, let's go say hi. We'll find a compartment afterwards."

And with that, both him and Remus left to greet Peter, but Sirius stayed back with Jenna.

"C'mon, let's go find empty seats with us," he said, grabbing onto her wrist and softly pulling at it.

"I can't," said Jenna, biting her lips as she stayed put.

"Why not?" Sirius frowned and stopped moving, but his hand still held onto hers.

"I'll have to find Marlene and Alice," Jenna reasoned. "Lily's probably already it the Prefects' compartment. But I still promised I would sit with the girls."

"Oh... right," said Sirius blankly, letting go of her hand. "Well... I-I'll see you at the feast then."

"Yeah... I suppose," Jenna nodded, her eyes lingering on him.

"Bye," said Sirius.

"Bye."

They both smiled at each other, but neither of them moved as they awkwardly stayed put, looking down at ground.

"Oi, Potter!" Startled at the voice, Jenna turned around to see Marlene walking down the train's corridor toward her.

"Hey, Mar." Jenna smiled at her rather blankly, before turning back to face Sirius. "I'll... see you later."

She waved him goodbye before finally following Marlene away as she said something which made Jenna laughed.

But Sirius remained frozen on his spot, watching her leave as his heartbeat sped up. He had gotten too used to her presence over the last few months that he had forgotten what it felt like to not be around her.