Chapter 122

At the shock of his friend being thrown away, the stag finally hit the werewolf with his antlers and Remus howled in pain, finally listening to James and leaving the forest as James led him back toward the Whomping Willow.

       Squeaking, the rat ran after them so he could push the knot for them, but Jenna remained there with Sirius, looking down at him anxiously.

       She still didn't dare to transform back to her human self, afraid that Remus would sniff her out and come back.

      So she just pushed Sirius on the face with her tiny snout worriedly, checking to see if he were conscious or not.

        "Sirius..." she purred softly. "Please wake up..."

        The dog gave a small growl, yet didn't open his eyes at first. But then mustering all that he had left in him, Sirius tried to get up on his paws, limbing as he followed Jenna out of the forest.

      But the moment they reached the soft grass of the castle grounds, the dog whined and suddenly collapsed again, this time showing no sign of consciousness as his eyes closed.

       The moment he looked to have been passed out, Sirius transformed back to his human form uncontrollably.

        Horror washed all over her, Jenna transformed herself back as well, calling out his name helplessly as if that could help.

        With her heart beating rapidly, she then reached out for her wand and took it out of her pocket. Her hands were shaking as Jenna raised her wand toward Sirius's damaged shirt and tore it completely off with a wave of her wand.

       She removed his shirt to look down at his bloody wounds and so pointed her wand down at his chest again, trying to heal him, her heart throbbing loudly.

       When Jenna was done and the wounds were slightly healed, she sighed in relief and put her wand down on the ground.

       She then grabbed his torn shirt and started dabbing it across his chest gently to cleanse him from the blood.

      But she jumped out of her skin when Sirius suddenly said, "Enjoying yourself, Kitten?"

       "Shoot!" Jenna yelped in shock, removing her hand from him and placing it on her own fast beating heart. "You scared me, you git!"

       Sirius only smirked and closed his eyes again, apparently still too weak to move yet. "Don't pretend like you weren't enjoying the view."

        "I wasn't —"

        "And taking my shirt off when I was unconscious? Tsk tsk... shame on you, Jenny. You can't just take advantage of someone like that. You have to ask permission first."

       "I didn't — ugh! I knew I should've just left you in the forest!" Jenna huffed to herself jokingly and Sirius chuckled.

       "Ow!" His laughter quickly faded when he suddenly winced in pain, resting his hand on his chest.

       "C'mon, let's get you to the hospital wing," said Jenna. "I don't think my healing spell was good enough. Your wounds might open up again."

       "But I have other plans," Sirius said with a mischievous grin, hoisting himself on his elbows and kissing Jenna on the lips.

       But he winced again and pulled away a second later, grimacing. "Yeah, okay... I think it's better if I go to the hospital first."

       "You think?"

***

"I'm so sorry, Padfoot," Remus said guiltily for the hundredth time the next day as he was laying on one of hospital wing's beds.

       Sirius had healed quickly and didn't even have to stay the night, but Remus's own scratches and injuries were worse as he was brought in to the ward in the morning.

      Remus then looked away, shaking his head. "I'm a monster," he whispered to himself.

       "Moony," Sirius started firmly, "if you call yourself that name one more time, I will beat you with your own book."

        They all laughed at that, and Remus's mood was slightly lifted up, though he kept apologizing for a whole week.

        Throughout the next month, everything seemed gloomier than ever before at the Wizarding world. But the students were doing all their best to distract themselves from all the horrifying news that was in the Daily Prophet every day.

Jenna was doing better than ever in her Occlumency lessons with Dumbledore, taking them as seriously as possible even though she still didn't know when her mission was going to take place.

      At meal times, Dumbledore even tried to break into her mind every once in a while when she seemed distracted, but he was glad to figure out that Jenna had learned to be on guard every minute of every day.

It was nearly Christmas when Lily and Jenna both received invitations to Slughorn's traditional Christmas party.

Lily asked James to go with her and so he gladly agreed, which was a matter of shock to Jenna. Not three years ago James had nearly laughed in Slughorn's face when he had invited him into the Slug Club.

But now, James was sparing no expense as to make Lily happy, which warmed Jenna's heart greatly.

But when Jenna asked Sirius to come to the party with her while they were sitting in the common room, he just snorted. "No way!"

"What!?" Jenna frowned. "But you came in our fifth year with your dear Gwenog Jones!" she said the name mockingly, rolling her eyes.

"Well, I was trying to make you jealous back then!"

Jenna shook her head at him in disbelief. "So now that you've got me you won't do it anymore?"

"Ugh fine, I'll come with you if you insist," said Sirius moodily, holding back a grin, "but don't expect me to be happy about it."

"Okay, thanks." Jenna shrugged, raising her copy of Daily Prophet to read through.

Sirius blinked at her. "That's it?"

"What do you mean?" Jenna asked, not bothering to even look up at him.

"This is the part where you're supposed to say 'oh, Sirius, what can I do to make you happy?'" he mimicked her in a lofty voice.

Jenna gave him a look, grinning. "And what will you answer me in return?"

"Well, I will sigh and then say, 'just a few kisses will do, Jenny'." Then he started to mock her voice again, saying, "'but I want to do so much more than just kissing you' —"

"You git!" Jenna cut him off, hitting him on the head with the newspaper as she laughed.

"C'mon, Kitten," he leaned in, whispering, "I know you want to."

Jenna only smiled, raising the newspaper to busy herself with reading it again before saying,

        "Then you better come up with an excuse for James as to why you'd be in a classroom alone for another whole hour."