chapter fourteen

Blaine

"He thinks I was cheating Sam. Do you know how awful that makes me feel? I was so distant with him that he thought I didn't love him anymore. I knew I shouldn't have organized this whole proposal on my own..."

It was five hours since Kurt had left the apartment after breaking up with me, and I felt awful so Sam dropped by with ice cream to help me sort this mess out.

"Why didn't you just explain what was really happening?" Sam, bless his soul, asks me the most obvious question ever.

"He didn't let me – he just told me that this relationship was toxic and wasn't worth it. I-" I start to cry, thinking I had just lost the love of my life for good.

"Dude, you gotta call him. Otherwise you're gonna lose him forever." Sam stated to me

"I know-" I was cut off by my phone ringing. Jumping up to grab it I answered without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?!"

"Mr Anderson?"

"Speaking" I couldn't help but let my voice drop as it wasn't Kurt on the phone. But my curiosity was peaked and I continued speaking ignoring the odd looks I was getting from Sam.

"We need you to come down to the hospital. There has been an accident involved Mr Kurt Hummel." My phone dropped to the ground as I heard that news and tuned out on Sam asking what was wrong as I grabbed my stuff and headed out of the apartment door.

"Blaine! Blaine! What happened?" Sam says as he stops me from going any further.

"Kurt. Hospital. Now! Call the others" I say before going around him and sprinting down the street.

-          - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It had been an hour in this damn waiting room and I  still had no information. Rachel walked in with Artie beside her looking distraught and I quickly embraced her as I told her what was going on.

"Apparently he was found in an alleyway and that's all they are telling me cause im not family." I tell her bitterly, wishing and praying that Kurt was going to be alright.

"Blaine Anderson?" a doctor calls and I rush towards the emergency room doors where she is standing

"Yea, that's me" I reply, anxious to know what was going on

"As you know we found Mr Kurt Hummel in an alleyway a few streets down from where it says he lives. But we found him in battered shape and unconscious on the ground, not reacting to anything. We have stabilized and performed a minor surgery on his head to stop internal bleeding and he is sleeping from the morphine. We don't know when or if he will wake up." She states to me emotionless and walks down the hall to his room, we all follow her and walk through the door. Tears instantly reach my eyes when I see him just lying there. So helpless. He had his arm in a cast, head bandaged and rough cuts and bruises scattered over his porcelain skin.

"Oh my god-" whispered Rachel beside him who was quickly shushed by Mercedes as the group looked worriedly towards me. I knew they were waiting for my reaction to plan what was going to happen next. But honestly? I did not know how the hell to react to this. The love of my life was lying so helpless in a hospital bed. He also did not have a good reputation with hospitals. All that came out of them with his family were bodies in caskets ready for their funerals. But I had to stay strong, if not for my friends but for myself and Kurt. Well I had to stay strong for his Dad. I knew Burt would need a lot of support when he flew out tomorrow and I was determined to be the strong one out of the pair of us, knowing if I lost it we would both lose hope that Kurt was strong enough to pull through. This was going to be hell to get through.