Chapter- 10

Finally after that long night which felt too short, they reached Yi City earlier than expected.

Though there weren't any corpse right in front of them, but there wasn't a single human either. It had been months since they last visited Yi City, and yet not a single family had started living here.

The people must be still scared and didn't wanted to take risk, that's what they thought.

Upon going further into the town, Sizhui abruptly halted his steps.

Jingyi was already scared because of the extreme silence, after seeing Sizhui suddenly stop he felt his scalp go numb and he asked himself in his mind 'Why did I even come?'

JinLing asked, "Why did you stop?"

Sizhui replied, "Don't you think something's odd?"

Zizhen replied, "Yeah, its very silent here. Not even a chirruping of bird can be heard."

Sizhui replied, "No, not that."

"Th-then what?" Jingyi, by hard, managed to let these words out of his throat.

Sizhui answered, "We're six here."

"...Yes." Xiao LongShi replied. As if something struck in his mind, his pupil suddenly shrank and he said, "Then why are there seven shadows?!"

At an instant everybody took their position with their swords sheathed.

Suddenly, a black shadow flew past by JinLing. He slashed the sword into the air, making the shadow drift apart.

Sizhui said, "Wait, don't attack it. Its a very fragile spirit." He then brought his index finger and middle finger near his lips and muttered a spell, then pointed it towards the dark shadow. The shadow was tied by a blue spelled rope within no time.

Jin ShangLi said with a cold face, "There must be more of these spirits that had been drifted from its way."

"Yes" Sizhui replied "So, we need to collect those spirits and free them."

"And at the end we can even burn some paper money for them." Zizhen said. Sizhui turned his face to look at him and smiled, "Surely"

Out of nowhere, suddenly an itching feeling came in JinLing's heart. He frowned and actually soothed his heart from the surface of his cloth.

They followed their plan. They collected many spirits, all the spirits must be the villagers who had lived in Yi City but then met an unexpected ending. After collecting every spirit which were not more than thirty, they formed a sword formation to suppress their resentment energy.

If the spirit was alone, it wouldn't have much resentment energy and thus easy to handle. But when many grouped together, they had a chance to go berserk. And the juniors couldn't take the risk.

After completing the sword formation, Sizhui summoned his guqin and played Sound of Clarity for them. So that the listless spirits could at least calm down.

Finally, at the dusk their task was completed.

OuYang Zizhen said, "Lets stay in an inn for tonight."

"But we can stay in my place as well." Xiao LongShi said while raising his hand.

Zizhen said, "Your home is still quite a far from here-"

"And its not like we don't have money. We're rich you know." Jingyi said with crossed arm and a satisfied nod after speaking what he spoke.

"..."

Sizhui could only mentally face palm himself. Actually, Jingyi wasn't ordered to accompany Sect Leader Jin, but he was stubborn. He pleaded Zewu jun to let him come. So, at the end Zewu jun gave in and permitted him to accompany them.