Chapter- 34

It had been three days since the incident of Qishan. GusuLan sect had organised a conference for four days regarding the matter.

It was the dinner time. JinLing gloomily gazed at the dishes in front of him. It looked like nothing more than either roasted or boiled grass.

How the fuck do they even eat it?!

He sucked in a deep breath, and without smelling those whatever dishes he started chewing them.

Even though he had ate the food of Cloud Recess before he could still not be adapted to the plain taste of it. Plus it was bitter as hell.

He gazed here and there in the banquet hall. Every human being present there were silently eating their lunch. It looked no less than a funeral.

It was so boring.

He again examined the whole hall. He saw Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian sitting together. Lan Wangji was passing a small jar of spice to him. And as always Lan Qiren was keeping a keen eye on them.

Then he saw his Jiujiu Jiang Cheng who was silently eating his food. JinLing knew that even though his Jiujiu's face was calm from outside, he was puking everything he was eating inside his mind.

He saw Sect Leader Ouyang and beside him Ouyang Zizhen. Actually Zizhen had been newly set up in a date with a beautiful lady from a prominent family, and him being a master of romance that lady instantly fell for him. Thus, they were in a relationship.

He had been bragging about it since the moment they met in Cloud Recess, only now he was quite and silently eating the meal in front of him.

And JinLing stupidly kept listening to him. In reality, even he wanted to brag about his lover. But at the same time he wasn't brave enough to do so.

He saw Sect Leader Lan who was silently eating his food. His back was as straight as an iron rod. Jingyi, who was sitting in a little distance was the same. JinLing didn't wanted to admit it, but it was true that Jingyi's mannerism while eating was thousand times better than him.

But however many time he looked, he couldn't find him.

Is he not here?

After everyone was finished with their dinner, they all quietly left the banquet hall. Not even a sound of sigh was heard.

JinLing didn't knew Shizui's room.

He simply waked along the corridor. He was just silently walking, when someone tapped his shoulder.

He tilted his head back, "What do you want?"

"The guest room isn't this way." Jingyi said.

JinLing mentally rolled his eyes. He said, "I know that."

"Then..." Jingyi asked, "Why did you come here? It's the male Lan disciples quarter."

JinLing thought for a moment and replied, "I didn't know that."

"Let me guide you to your room then." Jingyi said.

"No need." JinLing was hesitant to continue but nevertheless he said, "Do.. Do you know why Shizui didn't attend the banquet tonight?"

Jingyi was not at all startled by the question. He wanted to laugh out loud, but he pinched himself in order to held it. He calmly replied, "Well yeah you must be not knowing right."

JinLing was perplexed, "About what?"

"Shizui was injured during his fight with the giant Sea Monster." Jingyi replied, "His leg... It has a large cut. It's precisely the tail that he was hit by because of the poison found in his blood."

"B-but he was fine last time?" JinLing was not properly able to process the information that had been just now given to him, "Wasn't he?"

"Last time" Jingyi sighed, "he controlled his pain and the oozing of blood with his spiritual energy."

JinLing was shocked to the core.

No wonder Shizui was so hot last time when they held each other's hand. He was in constant pain, and above that he was poisoned.

But how is he now? Is he alright?

JinLing hurriedly asked, "How's he now?"

"He won't die for now." Jingyi answered.

"What do you mean by 'for now'? Is he fine?" Jingyi had already scared the shot out of him because of such information and now he replied him with 'he won't die for now'!

"Well..." Jingyi awkwardly scratched his temple, "Yeah... He is."

"Then...where's he?"

"In Cold Spring." Jingyi replied, "He's there to heal himself."

The outsiders were not allowed to enter the Cold Spring unless permitted by the Sect Leader, Lan Qiren, or Hanguang-jun.

JinLing had wanted to visit Shizui. It was already around 8:30pm, just more half an hour and it would be there sleeping time. No one would be allowed to go out.

Jingyi had never seen JinLing make such a vulnerable expression. It felt awkward for a moment for him, so he laughed for no reason. He said while vigorously scrathing his temple, "You can go there. No one will know."

"Really?"

"You've my words!"

JinLing didn't waste any other moment turned his heels and headed towards Cold Spring, but he suddenly halted on his track and tilted his head back, "Thanks."

Jingyi was highly taken aback. After a moment he nodded, "Welcome welcome."

In Cold Spring Shizui was silently bathing himself. JinLing walked down the stairs. This was first time he saw Shizui's naked upper body. His chest muscle, contours of shoulders, everything was.... Hot.

He felt his face heating up. He wasn't far from nose bleeding.

When Shizui saw JinLing coming towards him, he was startled. But he couldn't help but muse while seeing the cherry like face of his.

"A-Ling"

"Hmm?"

"How do you know I was here?"

JinLing walked over the sore and bent down, "How are you? You're hurt right. Is it still hurting?"

Shizui was silent for a while before walking towards the shore where JinLing was standing. He smiled, "I'm totally fine right now."

Then he suddenly came out of water. JinLing was startled.

The muscle that Shizui had always hid under the white robes were displayed right in front of his eyes. The water droplets were sneaking down and down, and his gaze followed the drop, until it went under the wet trouser.

He gulped and looked up only to find Shizui's face so near to his. He didn't had his forehead ribbon but his black hair was still tied in a pony tail. His eyes were somewhat gentle and somewhat smirky.

Nice.

Very nice.

JinLing could look neither up nor down.

He looked at his left, clearly just staring at a wall. He said, "Yo-you should re-rest well and-"

"Is the wall more interesting than me?" Shizui cut him off.

No! You're just too hot and too beautiful that I don't want to distract myself!

JinLing was silent. He didn't response.

Shizui seemed to have sighed. He walked passed him and sat on a cuboidal shaped rock.

"Come sit here."

JinLing turned around. He thought that Shizui would probably like to have a small conversation with him. But when he fully turned around and looked what Shizui was pointing at, he became shocked and flustered.

"Wh-why would I sit on your lap?!"

A/N
Unedited
Should JinLing sit on Shizui's lap? 🤔