Chapter- 23

Jin Ling and his team were climbing the mountain. The odour of blood was indeed thick but neither of them could feel any killing intent from anywehere. Still no one dared to lower their guards.

Thank god that the mountain wasn't dense. So, they were detect their path easily. Creeping above the mountain under the broad day light.

"Sect Leader look."

Jin Ling turned his head and followed the direction where the disciple had pointed. His eyes widened. A pair of legs could be seen from the bush.

They walked towards it and examined the corpse. There was a huge cut on the person's face. But that cut wasn't the thing that ruined the face. More precisely it was-

"Poison" A disciple said.

Jin Ling frowned.

The disciple continued, "The cut it indeed the work of a creature. Or we can say its a scratch and not a cut." He thought for a while and added, "This creature is poisonous."

"We can say that by looking at his face." Another disciple said.

Jin Ling murmured, "A poisonous creature huh." He said, "Did we ever had any poisonous creature in our Phoenix mountain?"

"To my knowledge its a no." A disciple replied, "Well its another matter for small insects though."

"I see." Jin Ling said

"Sect Leader"

"Yes?" Jin Ling tilted his head. It was the female disciple from before.

She said, "This corpse belongs to one of the missing disciple from out clan."

"Yeah. So?"

"If we search more, we might get the bodies of rest of the people." She said, "So that later we can conduct a funeral for them to rest in peace and that their mothers could calm down."

Jin Ling was silent for a while. He thought, 'Mothers are so soft hearted. Always crying and crying.'

He looked at the sky. The wind mixed with blood past by fluttering the golden robes and the hairs. The female disciple closed the eyes of the corpse which was staring at the sky which it could no longer see.

Jin Ling wondered if his mother cried when she knew that she could no longer see her son.

"Lets go"

"Huh? Sect Leader?"

"We'll first eliminate the creature then search for the corpse." He said.

"Yes Sect Leader!" All the disciple responded in unison.

They went behind those thick bushes to burry the corpse only to find there were even more corpse.

No wonder everywhere they walked till now had such thick stench of blood. They only chose to not indulge in the matter much before because they didn't thought they were surrounded by the corpse. They had thought that it was just the fragments of blood that lingered in the air.

"Four including the one we got earlier." Jin Ling said.

The disciples nodded.

"But there were two and five. In total seven disciples lost from our clan." The female disciple said.

"They must be either ahead or we have already passed by them." Jin Ling said.

Rattle. Rattle.

"!!!!"

"Everyone stay alert!"

It wasn't needed to be said. But still Jin Ling said it. Everyone's hand automatically went down to held the hilt of their sword.