Chapter- 4

At Cloud Recess, after a week.

Tonight a banquet was gonna be held at Lan Sect, and the next day there would be a conference. Every disciple was busy with their own task. Some were dusting, some were placing the tables, some were decorating the front hall. As the time passed, everything got ready.

The other Sects had started to arrive. Lan Qiren and Zewu jun were receiving the guests. But as many guests had started to come one by one. They arranged some disciples to receive the guests.

A man arrived with dark expression like that of dark night, wearing a purple robe and a silver bell hung around his waist. And his hand on the hilt of his sword, Sandu.

"Sect Leader Jiang. Welcome." said a Lan disciple who was incharge for receiving the guests. JiangCheng nodded in response and went ahead followed by the disciples of Jiang Sect.

Then came another one, his eyes looked gentle yet not so gentle. Adorned by sap green coloured robe, and a Chinese fan on his hand. He arrived with two guards or the high level disciples of his sect by his side.

"Welcome, Sect Leader Nie." greeted the Lan disciple again.

He replied, "Aha, yes yes." Then, he entered the marvelous yet so quite hall. As if someone had died, it looked like a mourning hall rather than a banquet. However, he was used to it. Thus, he just sighed and accepted his fate.

Next arrived a man that was of the similar age as that of the disciple receiving the guest or may be younger. Sharp phoenix eyes, a vermillion mark between his brows, and a white peony fastened on his chest. His right hand was on the hilt of his sword, Suihua.

"Welcome, Sect Leader Jin." greeted that same disciple again. JinLing hummed in response and without even baiting an eye on that disciple entered the banquet hall, followed by other high level disciple.

He hadn't even fully entered the hall, when he heard that disciple say, "He isn't even of my age. Can he really handle the Jin Sect that has gone down it's name?" Another disciple replied, "Don't know. Lets see what this young Sect Leader will do..."

JinLing was half embarrassed and half furious. But really what he could do? He just couldn't go to them and shout 'Yes, I can do it.' He had some reputation to keep as the Sect Leader.

"Backbiting someone is forbidden in GusuLan people." He heard someone say it.

"Ah, we're sorry."

"Hm." The man responded.

That voice.

He subconsciously turned around to see who it was even though he already knew who it was. Yet, he just had to turn around and see that person's face through his eyes.

It was Lan Sizhui.

He was busy receiving the guests. Really, he seemed so gentle and so firm.

A perfect man.

"Sect Leader Jin."

"..."

JinLing had to forcefully turn his eyes from that gentle beauty and replied, "Ah... Yes."

"Lets take our respective seat." said the disciple. JinLing nodded and went to take his seat.

The banquet went how it always went. JinLing noticed WeiWuxian munching down the food, like how a donkey munched the grass. Beside him Hanguang-jun was sitting gracefully. His back as straight as an iron wall, and taking small bites. And as always LanQiren, was staring at them as if he wanted to poke two holes on Wei Wuxian's head.