Chapter- 1

They were both silent for a while.

Suddenly behind them something with high speed charged on them. They were quick to dodge it. But, however, the sleeves of JinLing's robe got torn apart.

He raged, "You damn dead creature."

Yes, it was that ferocious corpse from earlier. Both of them sheathed their sword.

JinLing charged on the corpse with Suihua, his sword, and penetrated through it's throat.

Right then five to six more corpse came from behind. But they weren't as fast as the previous ones. Sizhui slashed their body into two. Either vertically or horizontally.

As they could not feel pain. So, to end them at once, one could either burn them, or slash them into pieces. His attack becoming faster and heavier after each move.

JinLing was busy tackling with that ferocious corpse. The corpse aimed at his chest, so that it could make a hole on his chest with it's sharp nails, like how he did with his sword to penetrate into it,s throat.

JinLing jumped back and dodged his attack. The ferocious corpse roared and again charged at him, faster than before. JinLing was startled for a while but then came into form.

This time, there was no running back. He had to prove himself that he's worth it, and could also be a great cultivator. If he missed his attack then the ferocious corpse would for sure kill him.

'I don't fear death.' JinLing said in his mind.

And charged forward as well.

The corpse, however, suddenly changed its direction and went behind JinLing. Before he could turn around and cut his arm, the corpse would already pierce his back.

However he didn't felt any pain. He turned around to see what happened. Sizhui had already cut it's arm and slashed it up swiftly and elegantly. Not even a single shed of black blood stained his white robe. And it again laid on the ground dead.

JinLing's cheeks were splattered by few drops of blood. Though it was a dark night, Sizhui could still see it. He  took out a clean handkerchief from his inner robe and passed it to JinLing.

JinLing refused, "I don't need it."

Sizhui said, "But your face is dirty. You should clean it."

JinLing said with crossed arm, "What now?! Can't a man have a  few frops of rotten blood on his face?!"

Sizhui softly said, "But your face got dirty because of me." He then cupped his hand to show respect and said, " I'm sorry Young Master Jin."

JinLing was taken aback and said, "Sect Leader Jin? And not Young Master Jin?"

Sizhui chuckled at his words and said, "Yes."

JinLing was angry, or that was what he thought. He stepped forward and Sizhui subconsciously took a step back.

JinLing said, "You are laughing at me?" And took another step. Sizhui tried to calm him down. His sword was still unsheathed, so he brought his left hand in air and waved it, and hurriedly said, "I just smiled, like how I always do." And stepped back.

JinLing took another step and said, "But you did laugh because of me!" They kept stepping to and fro, until Sizhui's back hit a tree. And he couldn't step back anymore.

JinLing said, "And you-" but before he could finish his sentence, his foot got stuck by the fibrous root of the tree. Unintentionally he clutched Sizhui's robe, but Sizhui was prepared for it. And landed hard on his butt. JinLing landed on his knees. Both of there swords fell too, with a clank on the ground. And for that time they didn't seem to care about their swords that had fallen into dirt. 

JinLing's left hand was still tugged on Sizhui's robe near the chest. Sizhui slowly straightened his legs. And JinLing's legs were on either side of Sizhui's legs.

They both, with no words stared at each other. Bewildered but fascinated for some reason. JinLing slowly in a low voice said, "Move" Sizhui replied, "You move."

Sizhui thought that JinLing would be disgusted and would immediately retreat. However, to contrast of his expectation, JinLing said, "Then don't move."

Sizhui's eyes widened a little. But he didn't move. Their faces were inches apart. They heard some rustle sound, but they bothered less, as the thing didn't had any killing intent.

However, after few seconds they heard someone's raged voice, "What the hell?!"

They were both startled for a while, as they were brought back to reality from the paradise of each other's eyes. They turned around to look who it was.

It was none other then JiangCheng, and Fairy behind him. He was surely still worried for JinLing, but as tied by promise, he didn't followed them deep. But secretly waited in the foot of mountain. And again a rustle came, they turned their head to see who it was this time.

It was WenNing, the Ghost General. His body was fully stained with blood. He must've already handled those other corpse which were ferocious, and only left the easy ones. And one ferocious corpse to not make it suspicious. He was staring at them with wide and perplexed eyes.

However, they still felt that there were more eyes staring at them. So they looked above, and they were indeed correct. Hanguang-jun and WeiWuxian were flying on the bichen, and Jingyi on his own sword. WeiWuxian's hands were tightly wrapped around Jingyi's mouth so that he wouldn't make any sound.  And his eyes were holding an utter mischievousness.

They must've been worried for the young disciples, as there weren't any adult to supervise them. So, they too had just reached the mountain, when they saw Jingyi running alone like a madman. And found Sizhui and JinLing missing.

They were all worried and in order to find them quickly, they used their swords to fly.

But for how long were they looking at them? They were in such an awful position. And JinLing's left arm's sleeves was even teared up.

They were all worried for Sizhui and JinLing, but when they found them, the scene in front of them was truly indecent.

And they would have believe it was an accident if only they wouldn't have been in this positing for more than god knows how long. After waiting for at least ten seconds, JiangCheng had to shout at them.

Thus, it was as if they were caught red handed while comitting a sin, when it actually was 'just' an accident. Or that was what both of them had thought.

A/N
JinLing and Sizhui got caught by others, but they're just two bros being inches apart 🤧