Chapter- 22

A week later in Jin Lin Tai.

Jin Ling was watering the seeds that he had sown. A female disciple came and said, "Forgive this disciple for interference but Sect Leader won't it be better to sow the sunflowers during the begining of spring?"

Jin Ling said while watering, "Its fine. Look it has even grown into a sapling."

"But the flower might not bloom-"

"It will bloom." He interrupted her. Then he kept the jug and bucket beside and went over to the rocky table. He picked up the paper and looked at he. As he was reading his eyebrows were furrowing deeper.

"How can this be?!" Jin Ling said, "The Phoenix mountain is under our guidance. Since when did the missing of people visiting the mountain started?"

The discipile replied, "It has been a week now."

"Then why am I informed just now?!" .

The discipile kneeled down on one knee at once, "This discipile only knows about the people that had went missing."

"Ah..." He felt awkward for a while to see someone, especially a woman kneeling before him. He calmly said, "Its okay. Get up."

After a pause he added, "Majority of them are the cultivators. And some of them are even from our sect. Even then they weren't able to return."

"Yes, that is what we've been informed about." She replied.

Jin Ling kept the report on the table. He held the hilt of his sword, then summoned few high level discipiles. He announced, "There is a major case regarding the Phoenix mount. After preparation we'll be going to check on it. That's right?"

"Yes sir!" The responded in unison.

"Sect Leader I've a question."

Jin Ling turned his head to look at the person who asked. It was a young discipile, maybe same age as him or older by a year. He nodded his head to indicate that he was listening.

The disciple continued, "The Phoenix mountain is under our Sect's supervisation and the case was only reported after several days."

Jin Ling rubbed his chin and thought, 'Did something happened to the people who were guarding the mountain?'

He tilted his head and said to the female disciple from before, "Investigate about the disciples incharge of the mountain."

She sincerely bowed, "Yes Sect Leader."

Then he turned towards the men standing in file, "Prepare the exorcism tools. We still don't know if the creature living in the mountain is an evil spirit, ghost or some kind of beast."

"Yes Sect Leader." They saluted in unison and defiled.

Jin Ling sat on the rocky stool beside the table. He supported his cheek with his left arm and looked at the saplings.

His eyes were dazed for a while looking at it. A sudden cold breeze passed by, that daze from his eyes suddenly vanished and was replaced by determination. He held the papers and went through it once again.

"What is there in the mountain?" He muttered to himself.

It wouldn't be a great idea to visit the mountain at night. It was better to go and check as soon as possible. According to the report that the female disciple from before gave him the people incharge of the mountain were missing.

The creatures sheltered in the mountain had never caused any trouble. So, they were lax about it. They had only kept two young disciples as incharge.

Unfortunately, one doesn't know what's ahead of them in the future, being casual in a place full of evil creature that feeds on blood and flesh would certainly lead to a painful ending.

The two young disciples were fine until the third day that was when they went missing. The next day they didn't return neither on the other day. Their colleagues got worried so they made a team of five and went to search for them. But unfortunately, they too didn't return. Hence, the case was reported.

They flew on their respective swords to reach the mountain as fast as possible and try to get some clue before dusk. As during the night the they get in disadvantage because of dark.

Jin Ling was with four of his clan's high level disciple. All of them landed swiftly at the foot of mountain.

Suddenly a large group of crows flew away from the back of the mountain, a large wave of subsong kaa-kaa accompanied them.

The mountain was reflecting a heavy murderous aura with full of killing intent. Jin Ling's eyes were sharp and determined.

"The mountain is stanched with a heavy odour of blood." A disciple said while rubbing his nose.

"Indeed" Jin Ling replied, "Thats why we must go and check on it."

All of them walked into the mountain. None dared to lower their guard even for a fraction of second. Holding their sword hilt, slowly stepping on the ground, eyes sharp and ears open.

It was unknown that why did something like this happened so suddenly. What awaited for them would only be discovered tonight or never.

A/N
Unedited
Hello guys! My exam are still ongoing btw, but i still thought of writing a new chapter haha. Ik the chapters might be going boring for some readers so sorry for that... Its already midnight and tomorrow I've Biology exam (╥﹏╥) God help me!!

Also thanks for keeping up with the story till now :')

Stay happy. Goodnight!