Chapter- 5

The melody of strings lingered in the air. The blue moonlight was the witness for the beauty in front of him.

Suddenly, a small ball like thing fell from above on JinLing's head and fell into his lap.

It was crimson crabapple.

JinLing didn't know if it was his imagination but the buds, which had yet to bloom, blossomed into a beautiful and tasty crabapple. He tasted it. The early fruits were  actually really delicious.

Another one fell.

It was as if, like him, even the tree above them, was happy. The sound of clarity was so genuine, and so euphonious. It was so relaxing and only warmth was left.

The cold breeze was somehow soothing, and the night was beautiful, with the beauty Infront of him, especially playing guqin for him.

It was a euphoric sense. He was happy.

Both of them were .

The gentle beauty kept playing guqin, with a smile. And the phoenix eyes kept admiring the beauty, never blinking once.

The next day, at the Gusu Conference hall.

"What about the Watch Tower that the previous Sect Leader of Jin Sect planned about?"

"I don't think it will be build up."

"Yes, exorcism can be done by the cultivators nearby."

"Everybody, please quite down. Everyone's opinions matter here, we all know that. But we can do it with less shouting." said a man with ethereal voice, he must be in his twenties by the looks, but everyone knew he was in late thirties. Adorned with white robe and a forehead ribbon, broad shoulder and thin waist. And an excellent smile on his pale face. Who could it be other then Zewu-jun?

He continued, "First someone should also check on Yi City. It has been six months, since the matter of Xue Yang causing a massacre at Yi City was disclosed, and four months for the matter about the dismembered corps of... Chiangfeng zun."

"I'll go and check."

Everyone's gaze turned to find the origin of the voice. Everybody was startled for a while by that voice and those eyes.

The phoenix eyes shining with confident and with anger. Every Sect Leaders were staring those young blooded eyes, and he was too, staring back at those countless eyes.

JinLing sat on the last wooden chair with crossed arms, and his lips pressed tightly.

"JinLing, will you take the disciples?" Someone asked him. The voice though was calm and composed but there was a little amount of worry  hidden in it. It was his jiujiu Sect Leader Jiang asking him.

He was even more enraged. His uncle still thought of him as a kid! Always following him where ever he went!

"The Yi City isn't that dangerous. I've already faced it." He said back.

JiangCheng said, "Its dangerous there. After your last visit at Yi City no one has ever gone there. The corpse of different level might still be roaming around."

He was so enraged  that he had to pout. He wanted to say 'I'm a man and a Sect Leader. How can I run away from dangers?!'

But before he could answer, that ethereal voice said, "If Sect Leader Jiang is worried then I'll send our trustworthy high level disciple with Sect Leader Jin. That way neither of you would be bothered."

JiangCheng crossed his arms and turned his head away and humped. Not saying another word which was equal to yes.

On the other hand, JinLing was stupefied. He could bring the disciples of his sect, but these adults... Adults will always be adults!

Ughhh!

But he didn't say anything. He knew very well, if he continued, he would really be considered a mere child.

He could only grit his teeth and stick his ass on the wooden chair. After that, the conference continued for an hour, before finally ending.

Every Sect was returning back, except for Jin Sect. Few returned to Lanling, and only two disciples along with JinLing stayed, as they were instead heading towards Yi City.

JinLing didn't kept too many of his disciples, because the Lan sect's high level disciples were also joining with them. But he made sure not to take to many and told that one or two of them would be fine.

JinLing walked towards the gate of Cloud Recess with two other disciples. From far he could see, that the two Lan disciples were already waiting, facing their back to them.

Seeing those white robes, he always felt like as if they were mourning. Plus, how this place is always so quite, it really gave a vibe that they were mourning on their wife's death.

But he was a Sect Leader!

He cannot say such stupid thing. So, he always only kept it with himself, never even showing how he thought, otherwise it would be too humorous and childish.

He doubted if WeiWuxian ever thought of such weird things. But WeiWuxian is already weird, even if he doesn't think he's still weird.

He nodded to himself in satisfaction, as he thought of it.

Later when he got nearer he could actually identify one of them by seeing that person's silhouette.

And also how could he not?!

His long jade black hair, were so smooth and silky. JinLing actually wanted to comb that person's hair with his fingers. His shoulder... When did it got so broad? Or was it because of his robe?! As his eyes went down, he could figure out the thin waist and a little down-

"Oh its you!"

His gaze got distracted by the other male, that was standing beside the person he was checking on.

"Yeah so what? Jingyi." JinLing nonchalantly said.

The person, too turned around. He eyes were still gentle, and a smile on his beautiful face.

At one glance, City falls.
At another glance, Empire collapses.

He said, "Greetings. Sect Leader Jin."

Thump. Thump. Thump.

What the fuck?!!

He just greeted me, why's my heart beating so loudly?! He thought. No. He asked himself.

He didn't wanted to make a joke of himself infront of Jingyi and his sect's disciples, and specially in front of that specially person. The beauty, more beautiful than Snow White, kinder than Cinderella, but also firm like a strong cultivator.

JinLing answered with a forced calm voice, "Hmm. Now, lets go... Sizhui."

A/N

Hoho! Yeah I used that line "at one......collapses." from How To Survive As Villain mahua. I haven't yet read the novel tho. Hehe enjoy <3