Chapter 19. Like a family

"On the porch, we were a bit worried that something would have happened to Sarah and Britney. Even more that we did not see them immediately. So we walked around to look for them and suddenly, they both jumped out of a bush yelling. Once again, I was on the ground and on my back. "Girls girls it's me Jack!". "Take you helmet off" they said. But then Peter and Liz arrived. "It's him, you can set him free" Liz said. I managed to take my helmet off, "See?". "Oh my god we're so sorry! We thought you were one of them" they said at the same time. "Here let me help you up" Peter proposed. "Well technically, yes I was. And now you will be too" I told them pointing at Matthew who was coming over with the stolen suits. "Here put these on" he said giving them away. "But don't forget the scoop the matter out of the helmet, we kind of ran into troubles in there so we did not have time to prepare them" Rob apologized.

In less than five minutes, the viscous matter was out and the suits on. So we all put our helmets back on to communicate. "This feel strange" Sarah said looking through the red visor. "It's all white and bright, I can't see anything! You guys are still there?" panicked Britney. "Set it into night mode" Peter told her. "Oh yes now I see you. Great!" she said happily. Liz wondered, "Has anyone seen Courtney and Rob? They were together when we came out". "Now that you talk about it, no I haven't seen them either" I replied. "Oh look there they are!" Sarah said. Indeed, they were just a few meters away still carrying something or even some things. We joined them to discuss on what was to come. It felt good to be all together once again. Like a family. "I've been wondering, what is this you're both carrying since we came out?" questioned Matthew. "This my friend, or should I say these, are more plasma rifles!" answered Rob positively. "Oh no way! Where'd you find them?!" Peter asked happier than ever. "While you guys were taking a break from the rumble in the hallway earlier, Rob had the idea the check the lockers a second time" Courtney said. "Indeed, I was certain that if it was there that the exterminators were storing theirs suits, it also had to be there that they would keep the rifles" Rob in turn said. "So there you go and remember the knockback". They had brought us back six more rifles. Added to the two we already had; we now had one each.

It took us a lot of time and effort, but we succeeded in our mission while picking a little and very useful bonus on the way out. Equipped from head to toe with our enemy's gear and weapon, we would fit right in. And I do have to admit, I was enjoying being dressed up like that. Eventually, the night left its place for the day as the sun started to rise. We spent the entire night outside though none of us really felt tired. We had too many excitements and being back together just made us want to go back and end this whole thing. "I hope you guys had fun in there. At least you don't seem hurt that's a good thing. But how about returning to the apartment now" suggested Sarah. "Aw no fun I wanna go back and slice them in dice!" Peter said before laughing. "But we have to think of a new plan for tomorrow. And since it took us half of the day last time, I think it would be a good idea to go back now" Courtney declared. On that not general agreement, we left anyways.

In the flat, we swap the suits for our old clothes to be more comfortable. I hesitated to go lying down for a while to rest my sore back. However, Liz, Peter and Britney had turned the video game back on and were shouting to whom better. The noise they were making was echoing in the flat which made it difficult to rest.

On the other hand, Matthew, Courtney, Sarah and Rob were in the living room chatting about what there was left to do. I heard Matthew saying that, as this mission was a true success, he wanted to prepare another feast as a wining price. I decided to join them to see what I could do to help."