Chapter 7. The invaders

"It was now daytime, and we were back to the tunnel. But the snake was blocking the way. We could not get in. While we were all thinking of a solution, even Peter, I heard a weird noise, so I said, "Guys? Did any of you hear that? Like a weird noise coming from the snake." "Jack, we've been hearing all kinds of stuff since we got together." Liz answered me. "I know but this time it's different. It sounds like people talking". "What?! People! Where?!" Peter shouted. "Quiet! They could hear us!" reproved him Courtney. I got closer to the snake and kept listening. "They're coming out to go in the tunnel" I said. "We have to follow them, or they will barge into the city." said Matthew. "Rob these things go through metal, do you think they could go through rock?" wondered Courtney. "They obviously should, let's see". So, we turned on one rifle to cut us a way in the tunnel. The problem was solved in no time. Once in, we had to remain quiet and well further behind because we did not how much they were. Perhaps only a bunch or perhaps much more. Five minutes later we were back in the town hall, and my phone started to vibrate, "Guys the signal is back" I said. "Good news let's find a way around them to be out first." suggested Peter. We then made our own way inside to town hall and succeeded to be the first outside. It was around noon and we had been waiting them for an hour, but nothing happened. "What in the world are they doing in there it's not like the would have found someone to talk to anyway" Liz said annoyed. "Ah yes now that you remind me of it, it's true that there isn't anyone anywhere" Sarah said. "We should find shelter instead of staying here in the open" Britney proposed. "Oh look!" shouted Peter "The van! It's there!". "Jack, how about taking your friends on another ride?" asked me Courtney with a smile. "With you all, I would go everywhere! Come on!" We all quickly went to the van to go somewhere else, but Rob wanted to do something else before actually living. "Start the van I will come back as soon as I can" he said. "Oh no you are not going anywhere alone, we stick together!" Courtney said. "Then we shall move at once." Fortunately, we didn't go far from the van, in fact, just a few meters away. "He really could have go on his own you know" Peter whispered at Courtney. "How could I have known it would be that close" she answered. Sarah joined Rob who had kneeled down next to a bush, "What are you doing? What is that?" she asked him. "That my dear is my latest camera. It is smaller and has and adaptative viewing system." Liz was starting to be impatient "We should be going now Rob", "Yes I am done sorry for making you wait". In the van, everyone, except Sarah who knew, was wondering what Rob had been doing next to the bush. I was about to ask him, but Peter who was already boiling asked first, "Hey dude what were you doing back there?". "Do you remember asking me what I was doing on our way here?" "I do yes. What about giving me your answer now?" "Well I was designing the little camera that is now by the bush." "So, all this time you were ahead of the situation once again weren't you?". "Isn't he a brilliant genius!" said Sarah with stars in her eyes. "Thank you guys. But how about finding out if it works now?"