chapter 44 ~ 𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒍 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒊

Start from the beginning

     "Shush!" he hissed, stomping his foot in protest. "Be quiet!"

      Nari whined under her breath, reaching out to bite at the ends of his shorts. Jimin shook his leg, wanting nothing more than to go back to bed. "Nari," he groaned, pushing her away. More thunder sounded, the Shepherd whining and whimpering loudly as she continued to tug at his clothes. With a sigh, Jimin gave up, stepping out into the hall. He expected Nari to trot down the staircase into the living room, to look back to make sure he was following. She was always hungry at odd hours throughout the day, and Jimin was used to it, but the behavior she displayed that night was unusual. Instead, Nari slipped into Yumin's room, to the right of the blonde's room, leaving him alone in the dark hallway.

     More lightning flashed, followed by thunder that sounded miles away. It elicited a sob from Yumin's room, the blonde seizing up with shock. He pushed his way hesitantly into her room, letting his eyes adjust to the eerie darkness. Lightning flashed again; thankfully the sky remained quiet as it illuminated Yumin's small, trembling form from beneath her covers. Jimin padded silently to the side of her bed, chewing on his bottom lip nervously as he placed a hand upon her shoulder. Yumin whimpered, flinching away from his touch as she curled tighter into herself.

     "Angel," Jimin murmured, reaching out again. He pulled the covers away from her, exposing the top half of her body. The brunette was quivering with fear, her eyes shut tight, face stained with tears that cascaded down her rosy cheeks. Her nails bit into the soft fabric of her pillow, working at it anxiously as the rain continued to pound at her window. Jimin noticed her chest heave with each breath, his eyes widening with worry.

     "Yumin?" he wrapped his hands around her upper arm, shaking her gently. Yumin's eyes cracked open, a quiet whimper escaping her throat as she peered up at him.

"Ji-Jimin-ah-" Thunder sounded out of nowhere, the brunette crying out and hiding her face away in her pillow. Jimin glanced out the window, the pitch black of the night sending his heart into a flurry of panic. Gently, he pulled Yumin into a sitting position, kneeling before her with his arms wrapped around her waist.

"Hey, hey. It's okay." Jimin cooed softly, reaching up to stroke the little's cheek. She kept her eyes shut, a tremor running up her spine as she hugged her midsection. "You wanna come sleep with me?"

     Yumin nodded, cracking her eyes open. Jimin smiled softly, hoping to reassure the brunette that nothing would happen simply with his presence, but, as another round of thunder sounded, she whimpered in fear, biting down on her bottom lip to silence herself. "C'mon," he grunted, helping her to her feet. As they started for the hallway, Yumin's hand clasped in his, she paused, sniffling an unsteady, "Wait," before turning and gathering her two stuffies in her arms. The little peered up at him with wide eyes, her bottom lip trembling as he reached back to tuck his arm around her back. Quickly, they made their way into his room, Nari slipping in just as Jimin was about to shut the door. He thought against turning the lights on; he was already uneasy from being woken, and now he had Yumin to settle down, and turning the lights on would only worsen his blossoming migraine. Turning around, Jimin found Yumin cuddling her stuffies against her chest, crying quietly as her chest heaved with each breath.

     The blonde stepped forward, taking her reddened face in his hands and brushing her tears away. "Hey," he whispered, pressing a kiss against her forehead and gathering her in his arms. "It's okay, angel. I'm right here."

      Yumin didn't hug him back, and he didn't expect her to. She had distanced herself from him ever since that one morning he had taken advantage of her, and she wasn't likely to break down her walls so soon.