chapter 69 ~ 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓

CONTAINS MINOR STRONG LANGUAGE, ANGST, & MENTIONS OF DRUGGING

_

      Seokjin tossed his duffle bag onto his untouched bed, freshly made from that morning as the others prepared for him to come home. He'd come home alright, just for everything to fall apart around him. The door shut softly behind him, his younger boyfriend wandering aimlessly into the room and slouching down on the edge of his bed. Seokjin watched Yoongi with a pitiful expression, feeling his chest ache at the sight of the heartbroken and confused boy. After a quiet minute, tears began to drip down Yoongi's pale face, dripping off of his jaw and onto his clothed thighs, soaking the material until it was dark and glistening. 

     "Baby," the brunet murmured, rushing forward to fold him in his embrace. Yoongi curled up against Seokjin's chest, wrapping his arms around his waist and crying into his neck. His smaller body wracked with sobs that he could no longer contain, trying to muffle himself against Jin's shoulder as he squeezed him tighter. Seokjin hugged him just as hard, rubbing his hands soothingly up and down his back as he let the boy cry his eyes out until all he could do was sniffle and whimper in his arms.

     "It's okay, baby, shh." Seokjin was never good at settling the others down, but Yoongi seemed to stop crying as hard as he numbly listened to his hyung's words. The brunet praised him calmly, hoping the settle him enough to get him to speak, but Yoongi simply leaned heavily on his shoulder, sniffling back tears as more threatened to cascade down his rosy cheeks.

      "Hey, it's okay. I got you."

      Just his luck. After two years serving in the military, instead of coming home to tears of joy, he came home to this. Seokjin's heart shattered into a million pieces as he listened to Yoongi sniffle against his collar, thinking over everything Yumin had screamed and cursed at Jungkook a few minutes earlier. She'd shouted enough to where he knew her voice would be hoarse the next morning, and it had been enough to fill him in on what had happened in the past two weeks. Tilting his head towards the ceiling, Seokjin let his eyes fall shut with an exhausted sigh. So much for a happy home, he thought with a pained smirk.

     "I'm s-sorry."

     Glancing down at Yoongi, the older boy nudged him up into a sitting position, grabbing his face and softly brushing his tears away. "Sorry about what, baby?"

     "Y-You were supposed to come home happy, and now-" Yoongi's eyes fluttered closed as he choked back a sob. "And, now you're coming home to this. I didn't want this to happen, hyung. I'm so sorry."

     "Hey, hey." Seokjin pulled Yoongi onto his lap, watching as he blushed with embarrassment. "It's not your fault, Yoongi. You don't have to apologize for anything."

     Yoongi leaned forward against his chest, hiding away in the crook of his neck as a few more tears trailed down his jaw. His body trembled beneath the older's hands, Seokjin holding onto him as tight as he could, wondering with all his broken heart if he'd ever get Yoongi to smile for him again.

_

     Before Taehyung could even shut the door behind them, Jimin burst into tears, sobs wracking his entire body until his legs threatened to give out on him. The brunet folded him in his arms, the older boy instinctively turning and nuzzling his head beneath his chin as he tried to hide his flushed face from view. Taehyung held on to his hyung tightly, staring numbly at the floor as Yumin's final words sunk into his skin.