chapter 44 ~ 𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒍 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒊

Start from the beginning

     "No!" I cried, sitting up abruptly. More lightning flashed, thunder following quickly after and forcing a quiet whimper from my throat. I slapped my hand over my mouth, her words ringing in my head. Shut up, I told myself. Shut up, shut up, shut up. I whimpered mutedly into my hands, pulling my knees against my chest, my blanket around my shoulders. Nari pushed herself to her paws, whining as she nuzzled her head against my leg. I wanted to reach down and take the dog into my arms, but I was frozen solid in fear. I didn't want to go back. The darkness of my room reminded me of being locked inside the closet, Yura and his little slut fucking loudly down the hall. I clamped my hands over my ears as if I could still hear them, the memory haunting me as I continued to cry.

     No lightning provided a warning before the loudest cluster of thunder sounded. It was as if the gods were tearing the sky apart. I whined against my hands, slipping beneath the covers and curling up atop my bed. Tears cascaded down my face, my heart pounding against my chest as I felt myself spiral into a panic attack. I wanted to tell myself so badly that it was nothing; it was just a passing storm, and nothing bad was going to happen, but I wasn't sensible enough. I had remained in little space for the entire day, and having been scarred as a little so long ago, it made things even worse.

     Nari let out a little whimper before flinging herself off the bed. I cried quietly, trying to get her to come back, but the eery silence of the room told me she had left. I wanted so desperately to reach out and grab for my stuffies, to pull them against my chest and protect them from the storm, but I was almost paralyzed, trembling beneath my covers as I exhaled heavily. My pulse raced, her silky, sexy voice flitting in and out of my ears beside the pounding of the rain.

_

IMESSAGE CHAT

𝐌𝐲 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲🥺

YOONGI

Yumin?🥺

YOONGI

I know you probably don't want to talk to me

YOONGI

But, I know how you get when there's thunder

YOONGI

Are you alright?🥺

YOONGI

Yumin?

YOONGI

Angel??

Delivered

_

     Jimin could hear Nari scratching against his door, but tried so hard to ignore it. He was comfortable beneath his covers, warm and tingly as he listened to the rain patter against the roof and windows. The Shepherd continued to scratch, whimpering quietly as she tried to lure him out of bed. Not tonight, Jimin sighed in his head, curling up beside his pillows. He'd pulled them against his body, pretending it was the small shape of Yumin's form resting peacefully beside him. But, it wasn't the same.

     Lightning flashed outside his window, followed rather slowly by the growl of thunder out in the distance. That set Nari off. She began barking frantically in the hall, her claws scraping against the door. Jimin groaned loudly, flipping the covers off his legs and sliding out of bed. He drug himself to his door and wrenched it open, glaring irritably down at the dog.