[008] A GAME OF UNO.

Start from the beginning

Shuichi bit the inside of his cheek, knitting together his eyebrows firmly. "W—well, I d—don't hate you."

Silence slithered in the conversation, Shuichi quickly opening the door and holding it open for Kokichi. The loud bustling of chatter and the clinking of utensils were the first thing that echoed out, Shuichi waving his hand and gesturing for Kokichi to head in.

"...Thanks," Kokichi nodded, scrolling inside with Shuichi close behind him. He let the door fall back into place, the metal inside the door giving off a loud 'tinging' noise as it shut.

Shuichi looked around, the lights from the ceiling hanging into the air and springing the entire room into view. Bench-like tables surrounded the room, a variety of people sitting down and talking to each other while sharing their fair share of food. One of the fold-up tables leaned up against the wall, with juice-dispensers sat across the surface. Lemonade, gatorade, and water were the only options, with red plastic cups stacked on the side. Paper plates were wrapped around in some plastic, the table opposite of them layered with food inside pots and bowls that they could pick out.

Kokichi scrunched up his nose, picking out a plastic cup and filling it up to the brim with lemonade. Shuichi reached for one of the cups, only filling it up at the half point with water before recoiling his drink and taking a sip.

"D—do you w—want to sit t—together?" Shuichi asked, watching as Kokichi cracked his head up and chugged down the cup of lemonade. He nodded, the smallest bit of yellow-tinted water scribbling down his cheek and under his chin.

"Be right there, Saihara-Chan," Kokichi said, followed by a quick glance to the food tables.  The detective nodded slowly, giving off the warmest smile he could and leaving out to the others.

He quickly slid himself beside Kaito, scooting into the table and hearing as the conversation continued to unfold.

"DAMMIT YOU SHIT-FACE—" Miu slammed her hands down onto the table, Kiibo next to her flinching at the sudden 'bang.'  The UNO set of cards sprawling out onto the table and falling from the deck.

Shuichi brought his stare to Miu, the blonde inventor having her hair springing up and tangling against her sides like a rabid animal.  Her white hospital scrubs following at her sides with her light-pink grippy-socks sticking to the ground.  She had her nails painted black, with a golden locket hanging from her neck.  Miu's goggles were missing from her head, along with a hospital wrist-band tied around her wrist.

Rantaro just shrugged, "What can I say, Iruma-San?  You're just bad at card games."

Kaede sputtered a chuckle, Miu scowling up her face and scrunching together her nose.  She balled-up her fists and slammed the table again.  "I am NOT bad at cards!"

"I mean, you did lose,"  Ryoma snuggled in the conversation, putting down his deck on the table and scoffing the cigar placed in his mouth.  Kaede joined, "Awww, come on Iruma-San..!  You only get better with practice!"

"This is total BULLSHIT," Miu tried flipping the table, failing and giving up halfway through before flopping back into her seat.  

Kirumi started putting away the cards, sighing lowly at the inventor.  "Iruma-San, if you work your throat too much, the scabs'll open up and they'll start bleeding again.  Please refrain from the screaming."

The maid scrubbed the table down with a wet cloth before gathering up the box of cards and the rest of her things, scrambling back beside the food table and sweeping up the floor.

"Do any of you know where Yumeno-Chan is..?"  Tenko sighed, leaning her elbows on the table and resting her chin on the palms of her hands.

Maki nodded, running her fingers through his pigtail.  "Yes, she said she wasn't coming to breakfast today."