[007] LAUNDRY DAY!

TW :: dissociation,, minor panic attacks,, small mention of blood.

It had been a couple days since the last time Shuichi went out of his room.  He felt sick being cramped up inside the small place, the overlapping colors of white basically blinding him at this point.  Kokichi tilted his head, "Saihara-Chan, are you alright?"

Shuichi snapped himself out of his mind, looking around the dull room and back at the purple-haired ecstatic leader.  He nodded, but he couldn't help tune out bits of the conversation and sink back into his thoughts.

"Dr. Mioda-Sama should b—be here to bring me back to m—my room soon," Kokichi grinned.  "So I won't be long!"

"N—n..no, you're n—not," Shuichi cleared his throat, struggling to spew out a sentence without fumbling over his words.  "N—n..not the i—issue.."

Shuichi had been straining his voice more lately, resulting in it pulling through for the most part and being able to project actual words instead of just nonsense.  It was nice being able to talk slightly, but his throat was scratchy, stinging and burning together if he talked too much.

"W—w..Well..,"  Shuichi started, looking down at his knees and clumping together his fingers nervously.  His tongue fit unevenly inside of his mouth, his throat squelching together painfully as he darted his eyes down to his feet.

Before Shuichi was able to continue, the wooden door suddenly opened, slamming into the wall with the hinges scratching and screeching together, echoing obnoxiously off the walls.  A tall woman with jet-black hair stood there, the pink-and-blue highlights standing through her bangs with two parts of her hair tied up into buns.  The black part of her hair braided together, thousands of loose strands popping out of the tied-up hair energetically, as if the woman had been struck by lightning.  Her nurse's outfit was originally bland, but had been decorated with dozens of little accessories that drew your eyes in.  Khandi, butterfly clips, unicorns, anything colorful had been plastered onto the little outfit which blatantly gave anyone to see it a heart-attack.

"I-BU-KI MI-OD-A!  IBUKI MIODA IS HERE!"

The nurse—otherwise known as Ibuki Mioda—burst through the door with two large bags and a huge grin on her face.  Her smile felt so bright that it could burn off Shuichi's eyebrows.

"Ibuki is here to pick up Ouma!  She is also here to tell you that today is..."  Ibuki placed down the bags down, making a drum-roll motion with her hands and making sound effects with her mouth.  "Laundry day!!"

"Laundry day?"  Kokichi and Shuichi both said in unison, sharing a glance before shifting their attention back onto Ibuki.  She nodded happily, picking the laundry bags back up and staring at the two boys.

"Mhm!  You all have to wash your hospital scrubs so you can start off the new week with clean hospital scrubs!  Doesn't that sound so fun-fun-fun?!"

Kokichi cheered on Ibuki, smiling and clapping as he wavered his body side-to-side happily.  He rambled on about all his piles of dirty clothes he had and how he, the ultimate supreme leader, shouldn't have to wash any of his clothes himself.  Despite his complaining, Shuichi noticed the small sparkling of excitement that glimmered in Kokichi's eyes and how his hands shook when he held them up against his chest.

"Ibuki can help Saihara get into a wheelchair!!"  

The nurse shouted, giving one of the laundry bags to Kokichi and trotting over to Shuichi.  Once she stopped in front of him, the erratic smell of pure energy drinks surrounded her.  Shuichi recoiled back, crinkling up his nose and shaking his head.

"N—no...I'm f—fine."  Shuichi hesitated, shaking his hands while Ibuki stared at him with cross eyes.  "No, no!  Ibuki insists!"

Ibuki slipped her hands underneath Shuichi, scooping him up into her arms and carelessly skipping over to his wheelchair.  Her hair brushed against Shuichi's face, shivering as the air seemingly had gotten colder the farther they went.